PDA

View Full Version : Cams?

Sparks425Ex
11-04-2002, 05:11 PM
OK this winter I will be getting a new Cam. I have some I am looking at?

Sparks, Hotcams II, and White Brothers All Around

Does anyone have specs on these cams? And what do the numbers in the specs mean?

eldoexrider01
11-04-2002, 07:14 PM
most of the cams will be relatively close but they all have their own lil edge to em. some people wont give out the specs so they cant be coppied. but either cam u will like.

hotex
11-05-2002, 09:55 AM
www.hotcamsinc.com has a spot that lists all the specs of their cams.

There is a lot of talk about what cams are best, the specs alone don't give the whole story on what it is either. I love the way my Stage 2 performs with the 416, power everywhere and it revs quickly too.

Tony

VegasEx'r
11-05-2002, 09:57 AM
Here is a text file w/ specs that I have been able to find. I am missing some, and apparently these are the manufacturewrs that won't give out specs. What a load of s@$# that is. If I had the ability to grind my own cams, I would have a dial to check the specs too, so all I would have to do is buy one cam from them & I could copy it to my hearts content. I would never buy a cam from someone who won't give me the specs.

Alright, I am off my soapbox now, so I will give you a quick explanation of the #'s. Lift is how much the valve opens. The higher the lift, the more air/fuel that can be drawn into the cylinder. Duration is how long (in degrees) the valve is open. The longer the duration, the stronger the top end, and the weaker the bottom end. That is the absolute basics of cam #'s.

11-05-2002, 12:23 PM
Look in the FAQ section..:blah

rhandw69
11-05-2002, 01:22 PM
What I want to know is what the number mean. Does the bigger number for lift mean more power or what. Can someone tell me what all the spec numbers mean and how it relates to whether it is a mid cam, top end cam or all around.

Dave400ex
11-05-2002, 02:36 PM
If your getting Sparks everything else or plan to get the Sparks Cam. It will work better if it is all matched.