PDA

View Full Version : Got water in my engine.. or transmission. HELP!

NeoThoR
10-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Ok so today I drove my quad through a bunch of water. Me and my buddy was fine all day going through this creek bed. Until I came up to this big *** hole. I didn't see it until it was to late.. my quad went into it basically totally under water. When I finally got my quad out of the water I started it.. and TONS of water came out of my exhaust.. damn near like a water hose haha.

I couldn't get my quad to move even when in Forward or Reverse. Finally I got it to move a little bit.. but it jumps around and even at full throttle it barely moves.

So.. I'm posted on some other forums (ATV forums) and here.

I read that i could have water in my transmission which is making the belt slip. I'm just hoping I don't have water in my engine.. haha.

How do I fix it?

If you have any ideas let me know.

YAMAHA BRUIN btw

Kickstarts-suck
10-21-2007, 03:56 PM
well it helps to tell us what you ride;)

NeoThoR
10-21-2007, 04:01 PM
yamaha bruin

400exrider707
10-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Just as long as the machine was shut off before the exhaust/intake went under water you should be OK, I would still change the oil. Check to look for any milky looking oil, sure sign of water. It didn't move because your belt got wet and wouldn't grab. Thats not really in your transmission, just inside the belt housing. Belt driven has no place in the 4x4 world IMO, but a lot of quads have it. Once it dries out it should be fine, though you may have wrecked it now by trying to drive it anyways while it was slipping. May need a new belt.

250exkid
10-21-2007, 06:40 PM
yea were your belt is there should be a drain plug... pull it out let it dry and there ya go... a guy with a suzukie king quad was tryin to ride with the big boys "honda foremans" and found out auto is not good for swamping when your over the handle bars with mud and water!! haha but yea pull the plug and you should be good to go

NeoThoR
10-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by 250exkid
yea were your belt is there should be a drain plug... pull it out let it dry and there ya go... a guy with a suzukie king quad was tryin to ride with the big boys "honda foremans" and found out auto is not good for swamping when your over the handle bars with mud and water!! haha but yea pull the plug and you should be good to go

have any idea where this drain plug is?

250exkid
10-24-2007, 03:38 PM
should be under the atv on your right side and some were under were the belt housing is no exeactly sure cuz i dont own one