PDA

View Full Version : Part out Vs. Sell as a whole

badquad
10-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Some of you have sold your quads as a whole, and some have sold the quad by parting out. In your opinion which do you get more money from. I am trying to sell my 400 locally, but cant sell it. So I was thinking of parting it out on e-bay and anywhere else I can.. I just fear if I can not sell half the parts I will be left with a bunch of parts and not a quad. Any suggestions.

gcart2
10-21-2007, 03:34 PM
well the 400ex is a great learners bike. if you take a tooth brush and make this thing look like its never been ridden before and take it up to a race track and put a sign on it "for sale". some guy who has kids will snatch that thing quick.

dariusld
10-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Sell as a whole. Less work and probably better money, I say this from experience:( I too was having trouble selling a bike so I decided to part out, when I should of just lowered the asking price(even though it was already a low price). But this wasn't a 400ex.

JOEX
10-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Maybe sell and/or part trade some of the aftermarket suff for stock parts and return the quad to nearly stock condition then sell the quad for a lower price.

badquad
10-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the info. I do not think I would be able to part out and get stock parts back on it. Almost everything is not stock anymore.

THings left stock, Brake lines, Brakes, Rotors, Hubs, and wire harness, engine mounts, oil cooler and lines, fuel tank, brake and gear shift pedals.

Thanks again. I will see what I can do.