PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Compression numbers???

250X_project
10-21-2007, 06:59 AM
I have recently acquired an '02 Raptor. It is said to have a 720 big bore with a Hot cam. And I see it has a K&N filter with Suppertrapp exhaust.

I stalled it twice (man it's geared high!) The second time it made a sort of "popping" noise. Since this, it will not start. It has spark and you can smell the fuel. It also seems to have all kinds of comp. When we tow it in high gear it takes a bit to get those 20's turning. I have to jump on the rear.
We towed it just because the E-start doesn't want to work now either. It acts like it just doesn't have the power to turn that big motor. The solenoid just clicks, then will try to crank it, then goes back to clicking. Anyway.. I was wondering if schiering the key-way for this big motor is common. That's all I can think of.

Now what I need to know is, what comp # I should get and what the valve lash should be with a Hot Cam. Thanks!

mxraptor149
10-23-2007, 10:35 AM
It sounds to me like your battery is dead, that or your starter relay is fried.

I can't tell you what compression you should have because it certainly is nowhere near stock if you've got a 720 kit. I use stock valve lash specs when adjusting mine, and I have a Hotcams stage 1 cam.

Put your battery on a good charger and try it.

bradley300
10-23-2007, 12:38 PM
they do go thru one way bearings on the starter quite often also

250X_project
10-23-2007, 03:25 PM
My battery is fully charged, the fuses are good, all connections seem good. It doesn't even try to crank the engine now. It just clicks. I'm not good with electrial..

What is stock compression?

The starter was knocking for a while...