PDA

View Full Version : Dirt bike kill switch

TRX-330
10-20-2007, 08:36 PM
ok just thought of something while helping my buddy work on his dirt bike i noticed this little button so i asked him what it was and he told me that its a kill switch. So now onto the point is their anyway to wire one up as a start and kill switch or no. i thought it would be kool to have just that on the bars, since i am using a diff switch for my front light.

Caseys 300ex
10-21-2007, 01:24 PM
You can do this. The killswitch you have to use is off of the Kawasakis kx dirtbikes. They are the only with the right wireing configuration.

AtvMxRider
10-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Caseys 300ex
You can do this. The killswitch you have to use is off of the Kawasakis kx dirtbikes. They are the only with the right wireing configuration.

Any 2 wire switch will work.

Caseys 300ex
10-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Any 2 wire switch will work.

Actually your wrong.. The 300ex start button is an open wire system. Most of the dirtbike kill switches are closed. This means when you push the start button on a 300ex the wire connect and power is sent to the starter. Dirt bike killswitches are already connected and when you push the button the wires are disconnected and the system kills the motor. The kx has the open system like the 300ex. So it will work and the rest wont.

AtvMxRider
10-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Caseys 300ex
Actually your wrong.. The 300ex start button is an open wire system. Most of the dirtbike kill switches are closed. This means when you push the start button on a 300ex the wire connect and power is sent to the starter. Dirt bike killswitches are already connected and when you push the button the wires are disconnected and the system kills the motor. The kx has the open system like the 300ex. So it will work and the rest wont.

No your wrong because I have one off of a Honda on my son's and it works just fine.

Caseys 300ex
10-21-2007, 03:08 PM
hmm.. really? Thanks for clearing that up. I must have been given some negative information.

TRX-330
10-21-2007, 06:33 PM
so um can someone tell me how to wire it up.