PDA

View Full Version : frame question

gsxr68
10-20-2007, 08:27 PM
looking at getting a kfx and looked and could not find any info on the frame for mx any issues.

lagrassa29
10-21-2007, 06:54 AM
so far so good!!!!

topdollr
10-21-2007, 09:34 AM
go for it. it's a great quad

esquared
10-21-2007, 11:32 PM
I've had one for over a month and it is impressive . It handles very well . It has good power stock but I added a Fuel ATV airbox eliminator and intake , a 13' Dasa exhaust and a power commander III and it is now an entirely different beast . It would barely get to the limiter but now it happens very quickly and the power is explosive .

I ride in some very rough terrain and other than some bolts coming loose I have had no issues . Hit some whoops today and it ate them up and spit them out .

feature05
10-21-2007, 11:53 PM
Dude I bought the KFX the first week of March when they came out 8 months ago. I have done huge 40 foot doubles, 75 foot table tops, gone over huge whoops, ran over giant a** rocks & stumps, flipped my quad over once, had people run into me with their quads during races, and it still looks brand new. The frame has taken punishment from day one and its still standing. Go for it.

spincr4hire
10-22-2007, 07:01 AM
I love the quad so far. Just wish the subframe was angled less so the seat height wasn't so high, my only complaint so far.

soilworker
11-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Check out KFX450central. There is a bent one there and I have seen two others at tracks. They can take a lot of punishment but seem to bend on lighter rolls at the bottom where the stem mount is. I won't even check this post again b/c a bunch of morons will come on and claim bs. Check that site and see the photos. I've heard/seen quite a few bent frames, all in the same place. Most don't get mentioned online and Kawi is replacing them no questions asked.

Keep riding. If yours bends then take it to the dealer and get a new one.

wescaster
11-02-2007, 05:31 PM
the one on central was due to a faulty weld, it was replaced.
i havnt heard of anything else besides that.