PDA

View Full Version : Kickstarter not staying in place?

Hondabeefast
10-20-2007, 06:38 PM
OK
I just got a 450r today its an 05' Bone 100% stock and my question is when im riding it the kickstarter swings out in the postion like if u were going to start it. It wont stay folded in, Has anyone had this problem and how would i fix it.
I searched and found no info
Thanks

Hondabeefast
10-21-2007, 02:27 PM
no one knows???

scottproquad
10-21-2007, 04:14 PM
yes you can fix this by getting urself a genric oring kit. and replace the oring under the pivot point. hopethis helps

reptikes
10-21-2007, 05:38 PM
I use velcro to hold mine in place. I took mine off to powder coat it and the little bearing fall off and i couldn't find it. So now it comes out when i ride. Using velcro it does't come out.

10-21-2007, 06:08 PM
In the side of the shaft that the kicker slides onto there is a hole. In the hole there should be a spring and a ball. That is what keeps the kicker in place when not in use. I would take the bolt out of the kicker and pull it off. If the ball is in there it will fall out. You probably have the spring in there and the ball is missing.

10-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by reptikes
I use velcro to hold mine in place. I took mine off to powder coat it and the little bearing fall off and i couldn't find it. So now it comes out when i ride. Using velcro it does't come out.

Why didn't you just order another ball?

Vade
10-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Same thing happened to me i believe i paid at least 5 to 6 dollars for the kicker screw,ball bearing,o ring and spring i used a rubber hammer to get it in place hope that helps

Hondabeefast
10-22-2007, 12:52 PM
ok,thnx alot....i took it off and yes the ball is gone,im am going to order the parts to hopefully fix it but for now i went to autozone and bought a strip of velcro to hold it in place,it does the job for now
thnx again

tank69
10-24-2007, 07:05 AM
Before you spend your money on the Honda replacements, go to an Ace Hardware. I've found a springs and bearing that worked fine for under $1.00 and you don't have to wait for shipping!

gbcap
10-24-2007, 08:14 AM
the spring and bearing are less then a dollar total. but you woul dhave to pay shipping or drive to the dealer to get them.

sometimes the kicker arm gets worn out and even with a ball and spring it will still move and vibrate. then its time for a new arm. they are pretty cheap.