PDA

View Full Version : 310 p/v ???

custom R
10-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Im getting ready to buy a 310 p/v topend and was wondering wich one I should get Im thinking of getting the esr 310 but I heard the p/v itself is not that great just wondering what people think of them any suggestions would be great

800screws
10-20-2007, 01:25 PM
i don't have experience with 250r pv engines, but if i remember right, the ones with the polaris watercraft pv are the better ones to get. although i have a esr trx9 310 engine and it is my favorite R engine. long spread easy to use power that keeps pulling.

clutch22
10-22-2007, 12:21 AM
i just put a ESR310pv on my R.. I've only got to ride it a time or two after it was broke in, but i mainly love how much bottom end you get out of it with the p/v ... you should be happy with a 310... its hard to keep the front end down when i'm just screwin around drag racin on it.:devil:

custom R
10-22-2007, 05:59 AM
does the p/v give you that much more bottom end I've been reading up on them and some people are saying its not worth it and it doesnt do that much im debating between a non p/v 310 with trx9 porting or the 310 p/v If I get the p/v what porting does that come with

I ride mostly trails and open feilds and some sand and play around on the mx track every now and then so do you think I should go p/v or not

250r4life
10-22-2007, 10:32 AM
you can get it ported however you want, just like any other cylinder...

the PV does make quite a bit of difference! i remember adjusting mine to try and make it as much like a non-PV cylinder as i could, to see the difference, and i hadnt realized how much of a difference it was...

wilkin250r
10-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Trails, sand, and MX. You have a very broad range of riding terrain and styles. The PV would definitely benefit you.

A PV limits your porting options, but not terribly. It would be difficult to get and all-out drag port, because the PV limits how high you can cut the exhaust port. But it CAN still be ported, for low-end or high-end to suit your riding needs.

Some people are under the impression that if a PV cylinder is "better", then it's supposed to have more power and outrace a non-PV. This is probably why people are telling you that it's not worth it, because that's simply not true.

As others have stated, a PV will give you more low-end, and smooth out the powerband. This is helps a little in trails, and helps a LOT in MX racing. That smooth power and low end will give you much better traction coming out of corners, significantly improving lap times.