PDA

View Full Version : need some help

tvanthoff
10-20-2007, 10:53 AM
I just got my 400ex running today for the first time. I bought it basically in a box and had to rebuild the whole engine. I have a 440 kit in it and jetted it according to some I got here. I have two issues with it now i was hoping someone could help me with.

1. When i shut it off gas pours out of the vent tube that drains under the swing arm.

2. It seems to shift ok and go through the gears ok, but i cant seem to get it into neutral without shutting it off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

tvanthoff
10-20-2007, 05:23 PM
I think my float is stuck, which would explain the fuel leak.

I could still use some help on the shifting though if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks

hondaracer57
10-20-2007, 06:46 PM
do u have a new clutch cable sometimes if it is too far outa adjustment its hard too get in ,

REPOMAN
10-20-2007, 10:01 PM
I HAVE HAD SEVERAL 400EX'S AND THEY HAVE ALL BEEN A ROYAL PAIN IN THE BUTT TO GET NEUTRAL ON

Big - D Racing
10-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Defnitely sounds like you have your floats stuck up, sometimes you can take the handle of a screw driver and tap it on the float bowl to try to free them up, if it doesn't work you have to take it a part and clean it out and make sure they are moving freely.

the Z Man
10-21-2007, 07:29 PM
the neutral deal is either your cable out of adjustment or your clutch basket has wear on the fingers making it difficult to get neutral...

You should have about an 1/8" play in your lever..

f150mann
10-21-2007, 07:31 PM
yep 400exs are always a paint to get into neutral, there is always a trick, and you will figure it out eventually, for mine you have to give it a slight rock as your kicking for neutral and it will go in