PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield and McCoy Trail System

Pale Rider 270
10-20-2007, 05:46 AM
I have to tell you all about the trips that my wife and I have taken to West Virginia. We live outside of Philly and it is a 10 hour drive but man is it worth it. Here is the link to the site.

http://www.trailsheaven.com

There are about 6 set of trails in the system and they have been trying to get them all connected so you don't have to trailer to get to each one. The wife and I really like Browning Fork which is located in Gilbert, WV. Many of the surrounding towns have ATV oridinances that will let you ride on the streets as long as you follow the traffic laws. This is ggod because you will need to stop for gas at some point durning the day. Missy and I put 60 miles on the machines the first day out (we over did it the first day)

This place really is trails heaven. The people of the town are great and the riding is second to none. Missy and I stayed for 4 days the first time at the Mountain Breeze motel in June. And then went back again in September for another 3 days. The rates are reasonable and the rooms are nice (as far as motels go really nice).

If you are in Gilbert make sure that you check out IROC (the local ATV shop) and if you talk to Bill Reed or Kendal Simpson tell them that Bill and Missy from PA sent you. You won't meet two nicer guys and they are in large part the ones resposible for the trail system. They also own a local restaurant called the Crooked Trail. It is the best food in town and you can get a cool one if you want.

I don't want this to sound like a commercial but we really love this place and we admire what the folks down there are doing. There really needs to be more places like this that are not 10 hours away.

Here is a link to our site with some pictures of our dirt biking trips.

http://web.mac.com/originaldigital/iWeb/Missy%20%26%20Bill/Dirt%20Bikin%27.html

outlawjeff
10-21-2007, 07:10 AM
I was just there last weekend and stayed at miller cabins, i live in south jersey and you are right it is worth the 10 hour drive. The trails are second to none, and everyone there welcomes atv riders unlike here in new jersey. I also have a 07 525 irs and it handled those trails awesome. I see you have pro armor nerfs, are they made for the 525 because on there web site they dont show anything for the 525, so any info on how you get them that would be great.

Pale Rider 270
10-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by outlawjeff
I was just there last weekend and stayed at miller cabins, i live in south jersey and you are right it is worth the 10 hour drive. The trails are second to none, and everyone there welcomes atv riders unlike here in new jersey. I also have a 07 525 irs and it handled those trails awesome. I see you have pro armor nerfs, are they made for the 525 because on there web site they dont show anything for the 525, so any info on how you get them that would be great.

I got those Nerf bars right from the dealer and had them installed before I took delivery. I have had too many instances where they have saved by butt to even consider riding without them. I wish I could be more help.

Predator8me
10-23-2007, 01:04 PM
I have a group that goes to HM every Feb. Last year was great. 6 to 12" of snow on the trails. Great time:)

LT250_JOE
10-24-2007, 01:23 PM
HANDS DOWN THE BEST PLACE I'VE EVER RIDDEN!!! RIDING ON PUBLIC ROADS WHILE THE POLICE WAVE AT YOU IS COOL. AND ENDLESS LEGAL TRAILS. I'LL DEFINATELY GO BACK SEVERAL MORE TIMES IN MY LIFETIME.

trailhouseowner
10-27-2007, 01:04 PM
If anyone needs any additional information on the Hatfield McCoy Trails, don't hesitate to contact me. I have lived in southern WV most of my life.