PDA

View Full Version : help on a trade what to do!

woodsracer144
10-19-2007, 09:43 PM
ok here the deal,
i found a 1991 ford f-250 with a 7.2 desiel(sp?) motor, its 2x4 and its got 133.000 miles on it, it has minor front damage, the first owner had it on a farm and pop started it and he went to put the tractor away and it rolled in to another tractor, he wants $1500 and its a 5 speed with the flat bed to haul a gooseneck and stuff like that, its a reg. cab and it has only one spot of surface rust... has all the title work too and is clean...

i have a 01 blaster to trade him and its bored .04 over with boysen reeds, 18 in turf tammers and the stock rears, and i have to get the tors removed... its being a pain in the ***... but other wise it runs strong! new chain and sprokets and all that...

i talked to my dad about it and he didnt care but then he heard that it was a 7.2 and a gas and hes like i wouldnt get it
there alot more to fix and to keep running... but i dont know if in 91 if they were still hard to get started in the winter... i can work on the truck by my self and stuff unless its something major but my problem is

i need 2500 for a 250r and i have 1300 in the bank and im hopein i can get 100 on my gamecube and all the goods...

i have another quad but its 4 hours away at my uncles... any ideas? or pro or cons to the truck...
if the truck is in good cond. i could trade it and run down and get the other quad and sell that...

pro-rider46
10-19-2007, 10:03 PM
i wouldnt buy it either, you need to read your post before submitting them, i only understood like half of what you typed.

IOWAracer
10-19-2007, 11:49 PM
if its the diesel its a7.3 they are prolly the best motor ford has in thre diesels the 6.0 had no power and the new 6.4 lets just say come stock witha flame thrower if ur trading a blaster for it hell yes do it that what i understand if its gas ehhhh do some more reading up my friend has a 997.3 250,000 miles and still runs damn good

Broc

honda8&3
10-20-2007, 04:12 AM
Don't get a ford diesel. IMO Powerstrokes suck because of the v8. Diesel engines rely on the cam to make power. V's slow this down. Also powerstrokes are gas conversion engines not an original diesel:o JMO;)

JJs450r
10-20-2007, 04:26 AM
how bad are you in need of a truck? how much work does it need? if it runs good looks good i dont see why you shouldnt i mean its a blaster for a truck no matter the year im not a big ford person but alot of the farmers around here drive the older model ford diesel and they seem to be pretty good and strong truck

Giz400ex
10-20-2007, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
i wouldnt buy it either, you need to read your post before submitting them, i only understood like half of what you typed. :)

MOFO
10-20-2007, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by IOWAracer
if its the diesel its a7.3 they are prolly the best motor ford has in thre diesels the 6.0 had no power and the new 6.4 lets just say come stock witha flame thrower if ur trading a blaster for it hell yes do it that what i understand if its gas ehhhh do some more reading up my friend has a 997.3 250,000 miles and still runs damn good

Broc

The truck he is talking about does not have a turbo if I remember right - not the same engine as your friends 99 7.3.

woodsracer144
10-20-2007, 01:39 PM
i dont know if it has a turbo, its a 1991, so its a wee bit old, but i need a truck that i can rely on... i help a buddy with his job and i run around and pick up atvs that he buys for his bizz. and **** like that, and i would need something to pull a trackor around here and there too. i live on a farm and i baby my toys for the most part, i really take care of the truck i drive all the time but im just turning 16 and im payin for all the esurance, all bills on it(unlike some 16 year old that have there parents to run to and i dont care about that) but i really liked my brothers 96 powerstroke but i would like to do some things to it, if it didnt have a turbo i would like to get one on it and throw a strait pipe on it so you hear the turbo but are there any major flaws to this type of truck.... i talked with my brother to day about it and he said that its about the same as a gas to run but its not that smart because im gonna most drive 10 miles and stop and 10 miles and stop... its not gonna get worked hard... just now and then.but i think that im gonna trade him mabe and go and get that wheeler 4 hours away and sell that and get some more $$$ any thing els boys and girls?

Flyin-Low
10-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
i dont know if it has a turbo, its a 1991, so its a wee bit old, but i need a truck that i can rely on... i help a buddy with his job and i run around and pick up atvs that he buys for his bizz. and **** like that, and i would need something to pull a trackor around here and there too. i live on a farm and i baby my toys for the most part, i really take care of the truck i drive all the time but im just turning 16 and im payin for all the esurance, all bills on it(unlike some 16 year old that have there parents to run to and i dont care about that) but i really liked my brothers 96 powerstroke but i would like to do some things to it, if it didnt have a turbo i would like to get one on it and throw a strait pipe on it so you hear the turbo but are there any major flaws to this type of truck.... i talked with my brother to day about it and he said that its about the same as a gas to run but its not that smart because im gonna most drive 10 miles and stop and 10 miles and stop... its not gonna get worked hard... just now and then.but i think that im gonna trade him mabe and go and get that wheeler 4 hours away and sell that and get some more $$$ any thing els boys and girls?

Spend some of that money on an English course..

-Martin

Giz400ex
10-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
The truck he is talking about does not have a turbo if I remember right - not the same engine as your friends 99 7.3. Correct, the turbo didn't come out until 93 or 94:D

woodsracer144
10-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
Spend some of that money on an English course..

-Martin

ok if you cant understand what im saying dont reply to my post im soo ****in sickin tired of listen to you ****in peolpe tell me that i need to learn how to ****in type! im un a rush i can only be on here soo ****in long and if i ****in cared about my typing i would spen the hour a night i have to do that,

thank you to all the guys that have helped me out on this,
can you buy a kit to make it a turbo, or is it a waste?

Flyin-Low
10-20-2007, 05:54 PM
ok if you cant understand what im saying dont reply to my post im soo ****in sickin tired of listen to you ****in peolpe tell me that i need to learn how to ****in type! im un a rush i can only be on here soo ****in long and if i ****in cared about my typing i would spen the hour a night i have to do that,

thank you to all the guys that have helped me out on this,
can you buy a kit to make it a turbo, or is it a waste?

Holy F-Shot Batman!

You need to calm down Turbo.. I'm just sayin' it's freaking hard to follow your posts.

-Martin

woodsracer144
10-20-2007, 07:42 PM
ok i snaped but it gets sickning being told every other day when you come to check up on your stuff that some bodys says that, i've tried to do that but it hasnt change anything sorry about that.

Flyin-Low
10-20-2007, 08:50 PM
ok i snaped but it gets sickning being told every other day when you come to check up on your stuff that some bodys says that, i've tried to do that but it hasnt change anything sorry about that.

Sorry then man.. My apologies!

-Martin

riverhonda
10-20-2007, 10:12 PM
well my dad has a 1990 7.3 f-350 diesel with no turbo on it right now, and we pull my brothers pre runner everywhere. it gets use everywhere we need to go and very fast also. but he was telling me tonight that he just ordered the turbo kit from ATS he said it cost him 2,500 dollars for a full kit.

woodsracer144
10-21-2007, 08:26 AM
matrin its cool,

i think im gonna wait and buy a 93 or new one, i like that style alot better, and i need some $$ right now for tha quad im gettin,
thanks for all the help, the 2500 bucks for a turbo is way too step for me,

bens250ex
10-21-2007, 11:01 AM
let me clear this up for you since i know about diesels. Ford started with a 6.9 diesel i just sold mine and miss it every day. there not made to get up and go but will pull a house down. in 88/89 they moved to a 7.3 idi engine which is the same as a 6.9 but bored. they had these engines in them till mid 93. The 7.3 idi was known for calvilization (sp) which is corroding in the water system which equals a new motor. If you got one with a good motor then they will run forever. also they are very simple to work on. but if something does break it can be exspensive to fix. also there were a couple from 90-93 that came with turbo's but there wasnt many. also the power gain from the turbo on these is not that great. although i would have loved to turbo mine just for the hell of it . if i was you i would look for about a 94-96 you can find them for ok price. thats if you want a diesel. i have a 99 with the 7.3 and love it. my old 6.9 had 341,000 on it when i sold it. original engine,trans and other major parts.

10-21-2007, 11:16 AM
If I were you I would look for 95,96 7.3 powerstroke. That is the best year truck ford made with that engine and they run forever. We have a 96 that has been totaled once and wrecked 3 other times. with around 300000 and it run great but the body is starting to fall apart. And whoever siad that the 6.0 sucks is a idiot becuase we used to have a 2001 7.3 with alot of upgrades and our stock 6.0 pulls trailers and runs a whole lot smoother and has more power then the 7.3 any day.

MOFO
10-21-2007, 11:33 AM

Honestly - maybe you should take the hint... :o

bens250ex
10-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by RoadRidin450r
If I were you I would look for 95,96 7.3 powerstroke. That is the best year truck ford made with that engine and they run forever. We have a 96 that has been totaled once and wrecked 3 other times. with around 300000 and it run great but the body is starting to fall apart. And whoever siad that the 6.0 sucks is a idiot becuase we used to have a 2001 7.3 with alot of upgrades and our stock 6.0 pulls trailers and runs a whole lot smoother and has more power then the 7.3 any day.

6.0's seem to give a bit more problems than the 7.3 is what people are saying. yea they move better but maybe not as long as a 7.3 would. ford should have just kept the 7.3 but changed out the injectors and turbo maybe? who know im deff not a fan of the 6.4

woodsracer144
10-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Honestly - maybe you should take the hint... :o

honestly i think you should take a hike because its not a problem anymore, so shut up and leave the 2 cents that you have to your self,

to the other guys talking about the 6 and the 7.3 i dont know alot but i figured that if i get a power stroke it would be a newer one since it was turboed and you can plug in the in cab things like the bully dog, do you know if you can get them for like the 96-97 year, the one site i found had them for the 99 and newer, so i wasnt sure, are there anything major different for the man, and the auto? like to haul an stuff?
thanks!

derekhonda
10-21-2007, 06:22 PM
honestly i think you should take a hike because its not a problem anymore, so shut up and leave the 2 cents that you have to your self,

Honestly, I think you should take a hike because it's not a problem anymore. So shut up and leave the two cents that you have to yourself.

Nine corrections in one sentence!

In all honesty, hurried or not, take the extra minute and proof read your post. I can GUARANTEE you that you would have gotten faster and better answers if it was more reader friendly. Often times people with good information and insight will just skip a post if it gives them a headache reading it.

woodsracer144
10-21-2007, 06:30 PM
like i ****in said before if i wanted to waste my hour of net time on a perfect post just for someone that has to make a ****in fit about it and i have some other people that are helping me,
i already said i was ****in done and i i knew what i wantted to do, so that meand that i dont need people to tell me the same ****in things over and over again and again, and like i've said before i've trid some things and it didnt ****ing help me so **** off and shut up, its my post not ****in yours if you dont like what i ahve no here just take your mouse and click back and dont worry about postin to anything of mine,

Pappy
10-21-2007, 06:31 PM
I would suggest that when a Moderator gives you a hint, take it and move on. And regardless, clean up your act with regards to the language....thats another helpful tip from a MOD ;)

10-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Whatever you do, do not buy any bullydog accessories. We had some bully dog accesories on our 2001 7.3 like some kinda busted *** jake brake thing, some kind of thing that gives you a extra 50,100,or 150 hp at a flick of a switch and some other garbage. Well the story ends by putting 4 jasper transmissions in it was about 1 a week. The 7.3 runs great stock and you do not need that extra **** and especially bully dog ****. If you want mods get a 4 inch pipe and maybe a chip like we had. The 6.0 runs better then that 7.3 with all that stuff on it though but we are soon getting a 4 inch exhaust for it becuase they look and sound sweet. Also man please do not put stacks in the bed unless you are messed up.

woodsracer144
10-21-2007, 06:42 PM
pappy im not trying to be a dick, but when i already said that i tried things and they didnt do anything then i think that it means i've done something and it hasnt helped, i dont care if its a mod or just first timer that doesnt know anything, if they wanna rip on me im gonna hand it back,
i geuss some guys didnt have a problem with reading my post, so i geuss the comments that they had werent needed,

you can do what you want to me i dont care, its a quad site, how many quad sites are out there? you can ban me from it block me kick me out it doesnt hurt me because all your doing is kickin someone that is helping the the sport out it might help to know the peopel you fight...

to RoadRidin450r- i was thinkin about putin some stacks in from this places here,
http://www.puredieselpower.com/catalog/stacks-c-47.html
here are the stacks i was goign to get if scroll down then you can see more exhaust choices,

thanks

Pappy
10-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Ok, so you want to go this route..fine

1) you do care or you wouldnt get so flaming upset over an internet site regardless if its about atv's or tigolbittys. so please....tighten up

2) if you do not clearly post your information, you will not get the responses you want. you type poorly and dont bring the needed information across, you will get exactly what you get in this thread

3) no one stated a single word about banning anyone, I merely asked you to clean up the language, thats the biggest thing you can do for our sport! Image means more then you seem to know.

Now dont reply unless you want me to get ignorant right back at you, and I garuntee you will loose this fight. So sip on a cold drink, take in the advice given to you and we will leave it up to you wether you want to remain here or you'd like help out the door based on your actions. It's your call chief, your just a screenname on a website, how many of those do we have here:chinese:

woodsracer144
10-21-2007, 06:55 PM
ok pappy,
like i said i've said many times i've tried its a site, big deal, i can see the image thing, but i think i have the right to get annoied, you can say mad when i have a hour in the computer and people just have the time to rip on me, im not gonna just sit here and take it like a little school girl im gonna stand up for myself,

its the same thing i've been telling alot of people right about now for different reasons, people mess up, and honestly you can bann me from the site because its not the worst thing that has happend in my day today or tomorrowm so do as you please,

10-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Well some stacks look decent I guess like the ones in the big picture but my favorite exhaust is a 4 inch running out of the back like a stock. I mean its all your opinion. My friend has a 95 with stacks which i mean it looks good with them but then he got these big chrome rims that are ugly and he got bigger tires and f550 front shocks (it has to ride horribly) but then he got a toolbox and a fuel tank in the back and it looks like crap becuase it is too tacky with the rims and toolbox and the stacks. With just stacks it will look good but when people get too carried away thats when it gets messed up.

Pappy
10-21-2007, 07:03 PM
ok pappy,
like i said i've said many times i've tried its a site, big deal, i can see the image thing, but i think i have the right to get annoied, you can say mad when i have a hour in the computer and people just have the time to rip on me, im not gonna just sit here and take it like a little school girl im gonna stand up for myself,

its the same thing i've been telling alot of people right about now for different reasons, people mess up, and honestly you can bann me from the site because its not the worst thing that has happend in my day today or tomorrowm so do as you please,

I think you have issues beyond what this site is intended to fix, and I hope you get them worked out. Just keep the trash talk off here and you wont have any problems from me.....that goes for everyone else as well. almost reminds me of slow:ermm:

woodsracer144
10-21-2007, 07:03 PM
yeah, i think that they are pimpin when its in the trucks box i dont like the out of box systems, but the only really flaw is i wanna haul my race quad and some other goods so i wou have to build some buillet cover or something so the tires dont rub or tuch it,

woodsracer144
10-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I think you have issues beyond what this site is intended to fix, and I hope you get them worked out. Just keep the trash talk off here and you wont have any problems from me.....that goes for everyone else as well. almost reminds me of slow:ermm:

i dont get the
"almost reminds me of a slow"

bens250ex
10-21-2007, 08:11 PM
yes they make chips for 94-97 and like he said dont get bullydog they will also blow engines i have heard. hypertech seems to be really good.

woodsracer144
10-22-2007, 05:51 PM
ok, good, im thinin that i will chip it and then take the muffler out so you can really hear the turbo, but i need to go talk to my guy that we get all our turcks from,

i dont know if spending the little extra $$ if it would make it a better choice to get a 00 ot a 01 but how much do the 96 97 powerstokes run,
like simple,
well to me this is simple,
4x4, auto or a 5 sp, extended cab, long or short box dont care, i dont really care if its a Xl or a XLT what ever dont really care,
thats about all i really want in a truck,