PDA

View Full Version : New Outlaw and need help with Parts

Pale Rider 270
10-19-2007, 03:46 PM
I just bought a new 2007 Outlaw 525 and I am already starting to have a love hate relationship. I also have a TRX 450r and love everything about it but it does not have the IRS.

I know of a guy north of Allentown PA that does an IRS conversion for the the TRX and I actually saw one on a Raptor 700. It wil pretty slick and not supposed to add too much weight. But I digress.

I have been experiencing many of the same things that many of you have with this new Outlaw 525. Backfiring, rear wheel issues, unavailabilty of parts, problems with the Ryde FX shocks (you would not believe what I had to go through to get the right oil). It has only been riden twice and I am afraid it is not going to hold together. It is not like my honda at all. But I really love the way that it rides so I am conflicted.

Can anyone help me find a rear wheel set that won't get all scraped up inside the wheel? It appears that rocks are getting caught in between the lower control arm and the wheel and grinding the crap out of it. I am afraid that it will eventually cause a tire leak or who knows what else. It would appear that a larger wheel (10' wheel Stock) would solve the problem. Does anyone have a wheel tire combination that they like? Could you let me know what the sizes of both are? I am looking to keep the same overall wheel diameter. I have ITP Hole shot HDs on the 450r and they reaaly work great for the type of riding that I do. My normal day riding at Tower City PA is rocks, rocks, rocks and did I mention rocks.

Any help that you could give would be greatly appreciated. I am already grateful for some of the stuff that I have already read.

Bill

Evasiveone
10-19-2007, 04:06 PM
The backfiring is from the lean condition they have to release the 525 in. Almost all of your new '07 and newer models of quads are coming out extremely lean. A rejet wil solve this problem and I suggest the JD Jet kit. It will also result in a rather nice power increase.

I had my Ryde FX shocks revalved/resprung by Wilson Racing and the difference is incredible. I can now hit whoops at speeds I never thought possible on any machine.

Have you ground the casting nubs off on the lower arms yet. This will greatly reduce the scratches. I am sure it still scratches a little on my stock rims but it is no big deal. You have a substantially greater chance of getting a flat from a rock, thorn stick or something else than the rims actually wearing through. If the scratches bother you then a 10" rim will alleviate the problem. My 10" rims I use in the dunes have no scratches at all.

I ride my 525 daily and ride it hard and have had 0 problems out of it. I will never go back to SRA.

GE4x4
10-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Evasiveone
The backfiring is from the lean condition they have to release the 525 in. Almost all of your new '07 and newer models of quads are coming out extremely lean. A rejet wil solve this problem and I suggest the JD Jet kit. It will also result in a rather nice power increase.

I had my Ryde FX shocks revalved/resprung by Wilson Racing and the difference is incredible. I can now hit whoops at speeds I never thought possible on any machine.

Have you ground the casting nubs off on the lower arms yet. This will greatly reduce the scratches. I am sure it still scratches a little on my stock rims but it is no big deal. You have a substantially greater chance of getting a flat from a rock, thorn stick or something else than the rims actually wearing through. If the scratches bother you then a 10" rim will alleviate the problem. My 10" rims I use in the dunes have no scratches at all.

I ride my 525 daily and ride it hard and have had 0 problems out of it. I will never go back to SRA.

Could not of said it better.

Thoses issue's are very minor and once you deal with them, it will be awesome. Also look at Rath for parts as they have a lot for the Outlaw.

jcooksey
10-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Evasive one where do I get hold of Wilson to get my shocks done and also what did it cost to get them done?
Thanks Jim Cooksey
cooracpro2002@yahoo.com

Pale Rider 270
10-20-2007, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by GE4x4
Could not of said it better.

Thoses issue's are very minor and once you deal with them, it will be awesome. Also look at Rath for parts as they have a lot for the Outlaw.

I looked in to the Rath Suggestion and All they had was Nerf bars and Bumpers for the 525. Any suggestions where I might find some nice rear wheels?

Thanks for the help!

Bill

Evasiveone
10-20-2007, 08:28 AM
Jcooksey emailed you the info.

Look on Ebay for all kind of Outlaw parts. Also Rockymountain ATV has aftermarket 10" rims for the Outlaw.

bossman525
10-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Pale Rider 270
I just bought a new 2007 Outlaw 525 and I am already starting to have a love hate relationship. I also have a TRX 450r and love everything about it but it does not have the IRS.

I know of a guy north of Allentown PA that does an IRS conversion for the the TRX and I actually saw one on a Raptor 700. It wil pretty slick and not supposed to add too much weight. But I digress.

I have been experiencing many of the same things that many of you have with this new Outlaw 525. Backfiring, rear wheel issues, unavailabilty of parts, problems with the Ryde FX shocks (you would not believe what I had to go through to get the right oil). It has only been riden twice and I am afraid it is not going to hold together. It is not like my honda at all. But I really love the way that it rides so I am conflicted.

Can anyone help me find a rear wheel set that won't get all scraped up inside the wheel? It appears that rocks are getting caught in between the lower control arm and the wheel and grinding the crap out of it. I am afraid that it will eventually cause a tire leak or who knows what else. It would appear that a larger wheel (10' wheel Stock) would solve the problem. Does anyone have a wheel tire combination that they like? Could you let me know what the sizes of both are? I am looking to keep the same overall wheel diameter. I have ITP Hole shot HDs on the 450r and they reaaly work great for the type of riding that I do. My normal day riding at Tower City PA is rocks, rocks, rocks and did I mention rocks.

Any help that you could give would be greatly appreciated. I am already grateful for some of the stuff that I have already read.

Bill
bill, just like evasiveone said, grind down the casting marks on the a-arms and that does the trick. also, rejet, thats a must. and with it being a new quad it seems to take a while for aftermarket availability. with that said, this quad will not fall apart on you. i think we all ride pretty hard and i have not had a problem yet and ride in the mountains and dunes all most every weekend