PDA

View Full Version : seized motor?

dirtbike&quad
10-18-2007, 06:56 PM
kickstart wont even like "kick" or go downward.

would this consider the bike to be "seized"?

what are possible reasons for a motor to become seized?

would a new motor need to be purchased? or does it depend on the situation?

thanks for the help,
Mike

ZeroLogic
10-18-2007, 06:58 PM
There might be something caught in the kickstart. Other then that it sounds like it seized. Was it in gear when it seized? Does it roll in gear?

dirtbike&quad
10-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
There might be something caught in the kickstart. Other then that it sounds like it seized. Was it in gear when it seized? Does it roll in gear?

what could be "caught"?

well long story short i was in 4th gear wfo and it just stopped on me, so i kicked it a few times and i was like ugh another fouled plug. i went home and fixed it. and i was in neutral revving the bike after putting in the new spark plug and it just stopped. i went to kick it again thinking i stalled the bike and the kickstart wouldnt "kick down" if that makes sense. it wouldnt move.

what do you mean by "does it roll in gear"?

ZeroLogic
10-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Put the bike in gear, will the rear tire roll? Anything could be caught in there, maybe a piece of a part that broke off?

dirtbike&quad
10-18-2007, 07:28 PM
yeah it will roll. ive pushed it before. like around the shed and stuff.

imsam77
10-19-2007, 07:21 AM
ok, if it isn't the kick start lever broken or something it's something main inside of the engine.

put it in gear and hold the clutch in, when you push it and it moves you're checking the tranny, to make sure it ins't jammed or something, you said you did that, good.

Next, take the spark plug out, and put it in like 4th or 5th gear, then push it, this time with the clutch lever out, if the back tire doesn't spin you're engine has a serious problem with it, if it spins, nothing is seized and it hsould just be a problem wiht the kick start.

Not spinning at that point could be a number a different things, you can pour a couple ounces of WD-40 into the cylinder through where the spark plugs goes, and leave the plug out...then leave it sit for a bit, then put it in gear, and jerk it forward gentle for a bit, enenvutally it should break free. at this point DO NOT try to start it when it breaks free, it will only seize again, instead, get a compression tester and test it for compression. If you have none, your piston seized and the rings are shot, hoipefully the cylinder is still intact but that's iffy. You'll have to rip apart the motor and replace all the bad parts.

Lets hope that it spins the motor when in gear, haha then you only gotta worry about something minor =). good luck

dirtbike&quad
10-20-2007, 09:05 AM
alright thanks a lot

400eXr1d3rZ
10-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by dirtbike&quad
alright thanks a lot

Running the right gas/oil mixture would stop the engine from getting seized, take the into consideration next time.

Before someone quotes me and goes ape**** on me...i know there's other reasons but this is the main reason I've heard of with two-strokes.

imsam77
10-20-2007, 06:40 PM
truee thattt, that coulda caused it running with not enough oil...haha bottom line, 2-strokes are alot of money in parts no matter what :-D

dirtbike&quad
10-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
Running the right gas/oil mixture would stop the engine from getting seized, take the into consideration next time.

this engine is ran on the best gas i could get for it. the engine is a race motor, why would i fill it with **** material? im no dummy...

400eXr1d3rZ
10-21-2007, 08:32 AM
this engine is ran on the best gas i could get for it. the engine is a race motor, why would i fill it with **** material? im no dummy...

I said nothing about gas quality, i said the proper gas/oil mixture, no dummy eh?

dirtbike&quad
10-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
I said nothing about gas quality, i said the proper gas/oil mixture, no dummy eh?

jesus ****ing christ leave the thread. you know what i mean. i mixed the oil and gas properly.

400eXr1d3rZ
10-21-2007, 07:54 PM
jesus ****ing christ leave the thread. you know what i mean. i mixed the oil and gas properly.

If I knew what you meant I wouldn't have said that. Be more clear, silly.