PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever repacked a WB E2?

CarGuy7a
10-17-2007, 06:27 PM
has anyone ever repacked an E2. i know how it all goes together just wandering if there's a trick to getting the packing to squash down enough to fit in the canister.

this thing is tickin me off and my arms are freakin itching from fiberglass.

oleboy87
10-18-2007, 12:01 AM
i have a wb e series if that is what you are talking about... couldnt get the can to seperate from the pipe and all... dont know if i wasnt doing sometihng right or what...

CarGuy7a
10-18-2007, 03:32 PM
na the E2 is different than the e series. but it's somewhat similar in shape. i know mine was a pain in the A** to get apart to. i took it apart not too long ago to do a reweld job on the top bracket and had to take the packing out so it wouldn't catch it on fire when i tig welded it.

that's when i noticed i needed to repack it. it was all burnt up and the mesh was shredded.

oleboy87
10-18-2007, 04:21 PM
yeaaa i could jsut tell by the sound... but im looking to get rid of it if you know someone..

CarGuy7a
10-18-2007, 06:36 PM
i figured out how to do it. i ended up calling WB and asking them.

they said to cut a 20 ounce pop bottle in half. put the cap end over the core kind of like cupping the sharp edge of the core. and then shove it through the rolled up packing and then put it in the canister.

WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!!!!

man does it sound so much better. no more buzzing from the shredded mesh.

yeah i'm not a big fan of the e series. my buddy has one on his 05 400 and he hates it. my other buddy had one on his old 300EX and he hated it as well. i just don't like the sound of them unless they're un-corked.

oleboy87
10-18-2007, 07:09 PM
yeeaa i hate it.. it was on the bike when i bought it ... and the one that i have sucks its soooooooooo loud.. it jsut sounds hallow but i have an hmf now soo looking to get rid of the e series