PDA

View Full Version : removing airbox lid

jrdrag5475
10-17-2007, 02:14 PM
Hey guys,
i havent yet removed the air box lid, but do you guys consider it to get more power? what about water and dirt. You pretty much cant go in deep water correct? Do you have to rejet and put a precharger cover on, i think thats what there called?
What about that bottom rubber hose below the airbox, should i pull that off too?

Thanks

Badmammajamma
10-17-2007, 02:26 PM
Yes running without your cover will get you some more horsepower. I have a screen cover instead of the plastic lid on my 400. You can definitely feel a difference, it's not a night and day difference but good enough considering its free. However, if you're riding in very wet/muddy areas, I'd leave it on.

trx400EXtreme
10-17-2007, 02:40 PM
yes removing the air box lid is a good mod, but if you do i'd recomend buying an after market air filter and an OUTERWEAR.:macho

dustin_j
10-17-2007, 02:52 PM
I'll agree that removing the lid is a good free mod. I noticed better throttle response and a little more overall power. Just clean your filter often and yes remove the little hose/plug on the bottom of the airbox, just in case you get some water in there. You will need to rejet.

Flynbryan19
10-17-2007, 02:54 PM
I would recomend buying a lid like the ones EHS sell. That way you keep the water out and have the air intake benefits of running without a lid. If you splash through water you will not get any in the box. If you go in water over the lid you will most definately get it in the box. You just have to be more aware of the water level you traverse.

jrdrag5475
10-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks guys, So should i re jet if i take the air box lid off? how much should i jet up if i do need to?