PDA

View Full Version : ATV Amature Championship

moto50
10-17-2007, 02:13 PM
I am putting together an ATV Amature Championship like the bikes have at Loretta Lynns every year.
The Championship race will be at HLR Motorsports in Moberly, Missouri the same weekend as the Loretta Lynn Bike Amature National. I am looking for a few more tracks in states surrounding MO or maybe under 8 hours driving distance to have qualifiers for the championship race. I already have tracks in MO, IL, IA and NE but I could use a few more.
We will run similar classes to the Nationals and the top riders from each class will qualify for the Championship race in Moberly. The number of tracks I get to do a qualifier will determine the number of top riders that will qualify.
If any tracks are interested you can PM me or email me at black250r@hotmail.com.
Thanks

moto50
10-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Now we have added qualifiers in Kansas and Wisconsin

dodgepower
10-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Is it ATVA districts?

moto50
10-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Just trying to get tracks that have quad only races or want to have one.
Some of the qualifiers will be AMA and some may not.
It is looking right now like the Championship race is going to be AMA
Do you know of any tracks that might be interested in having a qualifier?

dodgepower
10-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Was just curious. We are originally from Jeff City, MO and go up there often. If there was gonna be a big race up there we would haul the rides up with us and let all the family that dont normally get to see us race come watch..................

We are in mississippi so would probably be the only ones is all so dont know if could get a qualifier down here but then if that gets big enough never know.

moto50
10-19-2007, 12:46 PM
I still haven't heard from any of the tracks down south that I have contacted to do a qualifier so there may be one closer to you.
What tracks did you used to race at in MO?

dodgepower
10-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Never raced in MO........got into the racing after we moved down here.............................

What tracks did you contact if you dont mind me asking.

moto50
10-19-2007, 01:23 PM
a bunch.
only about 1/3 got back to me and so far it looks like we will have 8 qualifiers. hopefully a couple more. and we will have 21 different classes similar to the classes at the nationals.
we will probably take the top 4 from each qualifier.

dodgepower
10-19-2007, 01:44 PM
well will pay attention and if we can get to a qualifier we might

race32
10-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Have you contacted Thunder Hill MX in Kansas?

http://www.thunderhillmx1.com/

moto50
10-22-2007, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by race32
Have you contacted Thunder Hill MX in Kansas?

http://www.thunderhillmx1.com/
Yes I just did. Thanks

racerx573
10-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Try contacting Jeff Cernic who owns Pleasure Valley in Pennsylvania.

www.pleasurevalleyraceway.com

fastest440ex
11-15-2007, 02:39 PM
have u contacted JEEPS in Kansas. I know they run a quad only series that just started this year.
"jeepscycleclub.com"

moto50
11-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by fastest440ex
have u contacted JEEPS in Kansas. I know they run a quad only series that just started this year.
"jeepscycleclub.com"
Yes I have been talking to them about having a qualifier.
Thanks

RobbRacer
11-16-2007, 12:23 PM
this would be awesome if you could get something like this going. i have been trying to find someplace's to ride and this would be very helpful.

moto50
12-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Qualifiers are coming together.
Here is a link ti the dates.
http://www.mostatemx.com/hlr/atv_amt_chmp.htm

Fred55
12-30-2007, 10:42 AM
Did you try to contact Muddy Waters Raceway in Port Byron Il? www.muddywatersmx.com It is probably the best MX track in the area, very unique and awesome upkeep. If I had to pick just one track to race on, this one would be it for sure!

moto50
12-31-2007, 06:08 AM
we already have enough tracks in Mo and IL.

mx3mom
12-31-2007, 07:54 AM
It says your championship race is on August 3. That is a conflicting date with a WPSA race. Unfortunetly that will be a big problem with your final turn out. Also, it looks like every weekend in August is a race with WPSA except for the one weekend that is Loretta's

moto50
12-31-2007, 08:04 AM
With WPSA and GNC races every weekend it would be impossible to have any races that don't conflict.
This series will get a lot of guys that race but can't afford to go to all of the nationals or WPSA races and since it will be AMA sanctioned it only makes sence to have the races conflict with WPSA and not GNC. plus the wpsa took so long with their schedule. I didn't want to wait any longer.

Aug 3 is the same weekend as loretta's for the bikes so since we are having the same tupe of event we wanted it on the same weekend and it worked out good to miss other local events that the track had to work around.
It sounds like a lot of the amatuer riders are going back to the GNC series too so this should help out our turnout.
There are plenty of riders out there that can't afford to race all of the nationals and ar elooking for an event like this. I guess we will just have to wait ant see how it goes this year and maybe plan the schedule different next year if needed.

smr
01-02-2008, 06:44 AM
have you talked to Ballance MX in bowling green Ky? They may be interested.

also You may try 800mx in Hopkinsville, Ky. I know the owner real well and he love quads.

moto50
01-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by smr
have you talked to Ballance MX in bowling green Ky? They may be interested.

also You may try 800mx in Hopkinsville, Ky. I know the owner real well and he love quads.

I emailed Ballance MX and never heard anything back from them.
I already have qualifiers fairly close to that area now anyway.

smr
01-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by moto50
I emailed Ballance MX and never heard anything back from them.
I already have qualifiers fairly close to that area now anyway.

we're? I don't see anything close to here on the schedule.

moto50
01-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by smr
we're? I don't see anything close to here on the schedule.

The schedule will get updated soon.
The ones closest to you are

May 25 Bar 2 Bar MX Mt. Sterling, KY

Date TBA Backwoods MX Tennyson, IN
http://www.backwoodsmotorsports.com/index.html

smr
01-02-2008, 11:18 AM
sounds good. I hope you got something in Tn. If not you may want to contact Atwood or even post infor on www.midsouthmx.com

moto50
01-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by smr
sounds good. I hope you got something in Tn. If not you may want to contact Atwood or even post infor on www.midsouthmx.com

I already have a qualifier that is only a couple hours from atwood
June 21 SEMO Raceway Blodgett, MO
http://www.semoraceway.com/motocross.html
I will check out that website though
i would like to get a track in northern alabama
Thanks

dodgepower
01-02-2008, 01:30 PM
if looking for something in north alabama might try pell city or monster mountain