PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Hunting.

Ghost-Rider
10-17-2007, 01:51 PM
What do you think about it ? I saw a big buck in my front yard last night, so i am going to go hunting tonight. BUT a few minutes ago i heard a single gun shot, sounded liked a shotgun, sounded like it was less than 1/4 mile away, i'd say one of my neighbors. A lot of people at school use a shotgun during bow season, I don't.

I was waiting to hear more shots but i didn't so im 99 % sure they shot at a deer. It pisses me off when people use a shotgun during bow season, anyone else feel that way ?

Rant over.

troyleepred719
10-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
What do you think about it ? I saw a big buck in my front yard last night, so i am going to go hunting tonight. BUT a few minutes ago i heard a single gun shot, sounded liked a shotgun, sounded like it was less than 1/4 mile away, i'd say one of my neighbors. A lot of people at school use a shotgun during bow season, I don't.

I was waiting to hear more shots but i didn't so im 99 % sure they shot at a deer. It pisses me off when people use a shotgun during bow season, anyone else feel that way ?

Rant over.

you know, i was thinking kind of the same thing. my neighbor, who is 17, just got a skidoo rev 800, with studs, and keeps running it up and down the field 4 times a day. wouldnt be so bad, if he didnt thnk that when my dad left for work in the morning, that my dad wouldnt find out. doesnt realize that im out of work for 2 months, and that the silverados that leave in the morning are my brothers and my dads, not mine. so maybe it will be neighbor season very soon if he dont quit it....

just out of curiosity, how much damage do you think a .308 will do to a brand new rev.:devil:

300ex mxracer
10-18-2007, 08:43 PM
hehe depends if your a good shot. as to the main topic, our neighbors are continous poachers. they see that all land is theirs to hunt and they can hunt with whatever, whenever and where ever they want. ive been bow hunting and heard them walking and talking in our property. they use rifles all the time and weve found 3 crossbow arrows stuck in our field.(road through field to edge of timber=100 yards).

Ghost-Rider
10-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by 300ex mxracer
ive been bow hunting and heard them walking and talking in our property. they use rifles all the time and weve found 3 crossbow arrows stuck in our field

Man thats BS ! I would confront them without a doubt.

firefighterjosh
10-19-2007, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by 300ex mxracer
hehe depends if your a good shot. as to the main topic, our neighbors are continous poachers. they see that all land is theirs to hunt and they can hunt with whatever, whenever and where ever they want. ive been bow hunting and heard them walking and talking in our property. they use rifles all the time and weve found 3 crossbow arrows stuck in our field.(road through field to edge of timber=100 yards).

tell the dnr to be on the lookout.......i am not one to turn people in but that is bs:grr:

Titanium
10-19-2007, 07:41 AM
maybe they just shot their shotgun at a skunk or somthin in their yard. who knows? The way i look at it i could careless if they shoot somthin out of season. thats their own problem. they know the penalties if they get caught. Now if they were to shoot somethin out of season while trespassing on MY land...i might have a few phsyical actions towards them:devil: .

300ex mxracer
10-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
tell the dnr to be on the lookout.......i am not one to turn people in but that is bs:grr:

the dnr have been at our house numerous times and have staked out their property. theve caught them with rifles but they claim their coyote hunting(with a 30-06). theve gotten very lucky but their time will come

as for confronting them, their pretty much white trash, dont listen to nobody, live of his parents, etc. if we confronted them, theyd proly try to take a shot at us because we turned them in to a dnr officer.

Kickstarts-suck
10-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Dumbasses that live by me will kill a deer whenever they see one and when they kill it they just dump the body in a ditch on a dirtroad near me.:rolleyes:

wvspeedfreak
10-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Around here the "wannabe" bowhunters use crossbows during archery season which is illegal in WV.

trailwart
10-20-2007, 08:33 PM
assumption is the mother of all f**kups!! could of been squirel hunting or rabbits, oh ya partrige maybe a pheasent. its all open right now, so you hear a shot dont assume it was at a deer.

rancherrider69
10-21-2007, 12:10 AM
theve caught them with rifles but they claim their coyote hunting(with a 30-06).

we shoot coyote all the time with 30-06... what else do you plan on using when there 100+ yards away

trailwart
10-21-2007, 07:49 AM
30-06 is not the caliber of choice for long range shots, but is the most common deer cartrige. it is effective out to 200 yards and a little more. this is way off topic but here is some reading for ya there are amny calibers that are better for long range shooting

http://www.quarterbore.com/library/articles/varminting.html

Scott-300ex
10-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Yeh we all wanna shoot wut we see, but thats why there is seasons.

Shoot it then dump it in a ditch, thats stupid wuts the point of shooting it?

Now opossum, skunk, coyote, those are all year long, even coons I would shoot all year but if I saw someone on my property or anywhere poachin deer and stuff like that, I would get in there face and ask them wtf they think they're doing.....

That kinda stuff is stupid.

Bow hunting is so peacefull then *******s come out there with shotguns and will put you in a bad mood for the whole day.

Bender
10-24-2007, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by trailwart
[B]30-06 is not the caliber of choice for long range shots, but is the most common deer cartrige. it is effective out to 200 yards and a little more.

Are you serious? a .30-06 is alot more effective than 200 yards. I've hit targets with open sights at 500 yards with m16's(.223) thats way past it's effective range.
30/06 have been used for sniper rifles out to 800-1200 yards by marine/Army snipersin wwI, wwII,Korea and nam. 200 yards is nothing for that calibur.Thats just plain misinformation.
30/06 are not used for varmit shooting because they are made for larger game. I've shot coyote(new england coyote which are much bigger) with a 30/06 and it split one right in half on the other side. The 30/06 was very destructive/overkill on human beings when it was used as a military round, one of the reasons the Army stopped using it. Man slug guns can kill deer at 200 yards now. I use a 243 on coydogs myself.
And back to topic, if you need to eat, I see nothing wrong with a little poaching, but other than that.. . their buisness I guess, unless you want to make it yours?