PDA

View Full Version : getting a blaster for the girl

One_Bad_400
10-16-2007, 09:52 PM
ok... so i FINALLY taught my girl friend how to ride a REAL quad insted of a 4x4 auto... so i got her started off on my old Z400... and now that she has ridden a sport quad and a clutch she has fallin in love and has gotten 4 wheel fever like we all have gotten and she just wants to ride ride ride... so i'm thinkin she needs a blaster.. is a blaster a good mantenence free good reliable bike? once she gets one.. i want to make it safe for her and for it to ride real smooth cuz she likes to sit down alot... should we go with widder a-arms and a longer swing arm? cuz i know blasters like to bring that front end up going up a hill? thanks and any more info would be great

culichi
10-17-2007, 03:50 PM
just change that oil frequently trust me its more expensive to not change it often!

lil_watz_ex
10-18-2007, 07:31 AM
Dude was it hard to teach your girl to ride? I have a 400ex but don't want her tearing mine up yet and I just picked up a blaster for her for Christmas. I'm hoping to teach her to ride in the snow or sand in hopes that if she pops the clutch she spins instead of popping a wheelie. Should be interesting, she was a cheerleader through school if you know what I mean.

Purcell450r
10-19-2007, 05:33 AM
I'm the process of teaching my girl how to ride also. I'm putting a blaster together for her to ride. She is getting the hang of it I believe, but she hasn't gotten to point of shifting yet. She'll get it though. My girl doesn't think she can multi-task, we'll see. Good luck go all.

-Josh

One_Bad_400
10-23-2007, 03:24 PM
she's got all the shifting down and everything and can take off its just not a smooth take off like ours... cuz her hands are small so once the clutch lever reaches the end of those tiny fingers it kinda pops but not really bad.. but her problem is when she gets exites she'll just let of of the clutch to fast and it stalls.. but thats only if we're like somewhere we're not posed to be and see a truck or something... pretty much not the best time to stall it... plus she dont feel comfortalbe standing up yet...

lil_watz_ex - she aint going to tear nothin up... the worst that could happen is if she just like held the clutch half way the hold time or something? but i highly doubt that will happen... lol.. of if she's got the motor wide open in neutral and she slams it in first... but i highly doubt that too cuz most girls aint going to hold a throttle wide open? if so you got you a future racer... lol :macho

One_Bad_400
10-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
she's got all the shifting down and everything and can take off its just not a smooth take off like ours... cuz her hands are small so once the clutch lever reaches the end of those tiny fingers it kinda pops but not really bad.. but her problem is when she gets exites she'll just let of of the clutch to fast and it stalls.. but thats only if we're like somewhere we're not posed to be and see a truck or something... pretty much not the best time to stall it... plus she dont feel comfortalbe standing up yet...

lil_watz_ex - she aint going to tear nothin up... the worst that could happen is if she just like held the clutch half way the hold time or something? but i highly doubt that will happen... lol.. of if she's got the motor wide open in neutral and she slams it in first... but i highly doubt that too cuz most girls aint going to hold a throttle wide open? if so you got you a future racer... lol :macho

i just read over my post... ga i got the worst grammer and sentences ever... there kinda confusing... of well thats what i get for livin in mississippi

matt581yfz450
10-25-2007, 12:45 PM
I have my blaster for sale it has a-arms,swing arm,axle,and shocks + alot more.

redrocker
10-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Get her a 400 ex

Magna1098
01-05-2008, 09:50 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=252507

I've been riding an 01 blaster since I bought it new. Had one problem in 7 years, had to replace the rear brake caliper and thats it. Get her a hi-flite seat and she will love it more as seen in above thread. Also add ROX 2inch handlebar risers