PDA

View Full Version : opinions on fly handlebars?

cbr929rr
10-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Are they ok quality for aruound $30. they are aluminum and have a new 400ex bend, also looked at msr dominator and tusk t-10 aluminum models. Mine are bent and I ride trails so I do not like the atv race models. they are a little to straight for me and I do some riding standing and some sitting so cr high would be too low. I think the fly's are a good balance of quality before the next step up (renthal and pro taper). I don't need to bend my stock stem and I always crash so don't say not to crash. I have read a couple of comments on hear about msr dominators, moose, and fly bars breaking after land a jump or wheelie, that would probably get you hurt but I don't think that happens very often or maybe there were other circumstances that made the bars snap if it truly happened.:ermm:

bradley300
10-17-2007, 01:13 PM
i had a pair on y wife's quad, and they seemed just fine. even has the insierts inside the bars so you could mount wrap around handgaurds easily, nice touch. i wouldnt have a problem buying a set

cbrooks118
10-18-2007, 07:46 AM
I have some on my YFZ, and i like them

YFZ450Ridr
10-18-2007, 10:25 AM
the fly bars are really good for the price, very comfy and sturdy. i hated the dominator/t10 bars. very wide and uncomfortable bend. my vote is for the fly bars, i got 3 buddies and my dad running them. i had a set on my old z and my yfz before i got flexx bars.

tar
10-18-2007, 11:26 AM
One of my friends has them on his Z and has no complaints. They are comfy and look good too.

m.h.s.c.#527
10-18-2007, 09:01 PM
i have fly cr highs and waaaay too low but a good bar