PDA

View Full Version : rear axle bearings

colesdaddy02
10-16-2007, 07:07 PM
need help on my 300ex.how do i get the back axle off and do i need special wrenches for the two axle nuts.after i get the axle off do the bearings just pull right and go back in without any grease.another question is what kind of wrench do i use to adjust the shocks.

300ex mxracer
10-17-2007, 07:22 PM
ok lets see if i remember how-its been awhile. take the right side hub off.loosin the axle nut by turning the smaller nut... cant remember which way. then turn the larger nut the opposite way and it will reveal a snap ring on the axle on the right side of the nut. take the snap ring off and the whole nut assembly will slide off.then the brake rotor assembly should slide off if i remember right. once that is off, grab a block of wood and a large hammer and put the wood on the right end of the axle and tap it out with the hammer. there is a large snapp ring that needs to come off before the carrier can come off. then tap the carrier out. the bearings are inside this.

colesdaddy02
10-18-2007, 07:49 PM
ok, thanks for the help.I will try that tomorrow after work. First I need to get big enough wrenches to get the axle nut off. Hey, what about the wrench for the shocks. They are set on the stiffest setting.