PDA

View Full Version : Head Gaskets Do Not Like Me

MO-EX-RIDER
10-16-2007, 05:12 PM
416 WILL NOT KEEP A HEAD GASKET FOR LONGER THAN AN HOUR? IM GUESSING I HAVE STRETCHED A HEAD STUD? I ALREADY ORDERED GT THUNDERS HD STUDS BUT ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE. I HAVE THE BIKE SOLD AND NEED IT RIGHT :D

Ruby Soho
10-16-2007, 05:17 PM
mic the studs, the head is probly warped too, check that.

an hour sounds very odd. my studs pulled but it took 2 months between times before i put studs in.

F-16Guy
10-18-2007, 08:43 AM
It's not the studs, it's the aluminum threads that hold the studs in. If you already bought the GT Thunder studs, make sure you have a competent machine shop install them in accordance with the instructions on GT's website. They MUST use a roll form tap. If they use a standard tap and CUT new threads into the cylinder, you will likely see the same problem, and you will then have to buy a new cylinder or have some extensive machine work done. Personally, I would have had GT Thunder install them. They did mine a while back and I've had no more problems.

MO-EX-RIDER
10-18-2007, 06:02 PM
is warping a head a common problem? i read about it in the manual, but rarely hear of it happening. gpracer needs to chime in on this for me:D