PDA

View Full Version : Did I screw up???

Phillburt57
10-15-2007, 11:19 PM
So I have been looking for a new carb for a while now and
I finally found an Edelbrock Eichner but I was looking for the Quiksilver. I ended up buying the Eichner but I'm only a 400 with full exhaust, K&N, no airbox, and hot cams stage 2. Will this carb even work well or did I screw up?

450Rchaser
10-16-2007, 07:53 AM
It should work. Maybe not to its full potential though.

Honda#4
10-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Im pretty sure the Eichner series carbs are for 440's and up, but like 450rchaser said it may work but not to full potential. I see you have pretty good mods except for it being a 440 so chances are you may see some improvement but it wont be to much.

Big - D Racing
10-16-2007, 06:21 PM
The eichner is designed specifically for 440's. But it has been proven on the dyno to produce more hp than the standard edelbrock quicksilver on the stock 400. SO run it! It will work with no problems. And if you do upgrade the engine you won't need to upgrade the carb! The reason the eichner version got developed was because the standard edelbrock wasn't able to keep up with a built 440. Which is what Eichner use to race. SO eichner worked directly with edelbrock in testing different versions. Until he finally gave his stamp of approval and put his name on it. The difference between teh two is mainly the port on a standard edelbrock is 38mm x 36mm oval. The eichner is 38mm x38mm perfect circle with a more aggressive accelarator pump, and some additional bearings inside. Trust me I have been running edelbrocks before they came out. I ran one of the first eichner prototypes ever. And the regular quicksilver version when it first came out also. In fact my eichner version doesn't say eichner. Altough it is the same one. I live next to Duncan racing and ride desert races for them so I get lucky with some of this stuff and get first runs on parts before they are officially available:macho