View Full Version : Asv C5 Clutch levers

Stoon101
10-15-2007, 09:07 PM
I was wondering if they fit the 400ex pretty well? Like will it start in gear still or not? And also is shorty or regular better? Thank you

CannondaleRider
10-15-2007, 09:59 PM
It should fit a 400EX just fine, I don't see why it wouldn't.

As for it starting in gear, I'm no expert on 400EX's, but does it have a clutch safety switch, for starting in gear? If so, you'll just have to rewire, as to eliminate the safety switch. Then you'll just have to remember to pull the clutch in...

And for the length? Thats really just preference. How many fingers do you use on your clutch? If any more then two, go with the standard. Another factor in that, is where the perch will mount on your bars. On my Cannondale, other stuff on the bars pushes the perch in, so even though it's a standard, I still can only use two fingers, which is perfect for me. BUT, just make sure you know where the perch will mount, and consider all factors before ordering.

Stoon101
10-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Thank you so much. ill have to look into it a little more

dpiza
10-18-2007, 01:21 PM
i just put them on my 400 and the clutch was fine and it has to be in nuetral and the brake lever didnt fit because the lever wouldnt push in the ram on the master cyc. im not that impressed with them