PDA

View Full Version : I think i made a mistake ~engine~

450rcrazy022692
10-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Well i recently started rebuilding my quad and i took it to some mom and pop shop in town and had them put in valves and a piston and for some reason it wont start when i got it back. It started once and ran like poop and never started again so i call the guy and he said bring it in sounds like timing.

So tommorow im going to bring her in and hopefully it will work.....Other wise the cheap way wasnt as cheap as hoped and now it might be the more expensive way due to me having to go to someone more knowledgeable

pro-rider46
10-15-2007, 07:52 PM
hmm. well good luck, it sounds like timing would be it.

d3ktrix
10-15-2007, 09:12 PM
lol how could they not run the bike to test it after doing engine work like that.

Elduner
10-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Yeah it does sound like timing but then again they should of tested everything before they gave it back to you.

simple mistake that could of been taken care off earlier before returning it to you.

450rcrazy022692
10-16-2007, 02:06 PM
how hard is timing to do? and what exactly is it?

pro-rider46
10-17-2007, 02:48 PM
well you can pull the cap in the right side case (view from the back, like if you were sitting on it.) and stick a 8mm allen wrench in there, and you should see a dot on the gear, and a arrow on the outside of the case, then pull your valve cover off and youll see a gear on your cam, make sure its line is lined up with the one on the cam carrier, i know i didnt give clear directions, but if your confused say something

450rcrazy022692
10-30-2007, 02:28 PM
well i really havent didnt gather up the confidence to do it myself so i just left it and waited for my personal friend Paul Turner to do it...Well he finally got around to doing it today and i got a call and my head,cylinder,and piston were cracked, and my valves (brand new) are bent....Now im in debt 1000....Should i order it? Should i go to the guy that did it for me in the beginning and ask for money (its not right i paid for his labor to break it)? How should i approach my dad of borrowing 1000$ to fix it?

AHHHHH:grr:

ss440ex
10-30-2007, 02:39 PM
I`d be speaking with the guy who started all this work.
Sounds like he does`nt know internal engine timing.....
But be calm and show him.
Good luck.

JW450R1
10-30-2007, 05:56 PM
yeah,i would get your money back 4 sure.

440challenger
10-31-2007, 07:01 AM
Thats horrible, if you can't set the timing on a 450 i hate to see what else they couldnt do...

I see your in jersey,bring it to our shop motoxsupport.com
we do those motors almost once a week.

TMSmx47
10-31-2007, 07:32 AM
Or bring it to our shop.. Cheapest quality work around! Full guarantee on all work done! MCMX Racing 609-773-0100 Ask for Jesse

chad502ex
10-31-2007, 07:41 AM
LOL!!!

no dont take it to them,....

Bring it to me,...a Pro Builder making Pro power!!!

:macho

hehe,... just fun'n,.... good luck with your build.

bloodmoney23
11-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Well I would go to the mom & pop shop and let them know that they destroyed your entire engine. If they dont make it right for ya then I would involve a lawyer. Thats too much money for you to just take it bent over. I wouldnt even get the money from your dad.....get it from the shop.

bloodmoney23
11-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
well you can pull the cap in the right side case (view from the back, like if you were sitting on it.) and stick a 8mm allen wrench in there, and you should see a dot on the gear, and a arrow on the outside of the case, then pull your valve cover off and youll see a gear on your cam, make sure its line is lined up with the one on the cam carrier, i know i didnt give clear directions, but if your confused say something

so you pull off the clutch cover side? my gears are on stator side (left side as if sitting on it). Dont you have to pull magneto (flywheel) off to check marks? Cause if there is an easier way to do timing then im going to kick my *** for doing it the long way.......and quick question.....should i just adjust the lifters and everything manually or sould i just change out the valve shims?