PDA

View Full Version : Dies at idle

dads400ex
10-15-2007, 07:14 PM
I have a 05 450R and it has just started this. It will not stay running at an idle, I have turned the idle up all the way. Pulled the carb and took it apart, blew it out with air and everything looked to be okay. It has the stock slow jet in it and a 190 main jet, ported head and 13:1 piston with a stage 2 HotCam as I said it has run like this fine for 2 seasons but has just started this and I am at a lose as to what it might be. I also switched cdi's with one that I know is running fine and that did not make any difference either. One more thing, it is getting hard to start meaning it has to be kicked more to start, it used to started on the 2nd or 3rd kick. Valves are in spec and where also replaced at the beginning of the season along with the piston and the cylinder was out of spec so it was recoated. Anybody got anymore ideas as to what to check?

pro-rider46
10-15-2007, 07:20 PM
try pulling your jets down in size. keep going down till your about 170 or something, and if that doesnt work, go back up. adjust your fuel screw some, and make sure your airbox and all is off, cause everyone every now and then forgets that, and it runs horrible,haha. good luck.