PDA

View Full Version : reed reed spacer qs.

beobe99
10-15-2007, 07:14 PM
So I got my bottom end together and now its time to do the top. I put the exhuast flange on the cylinder and went to do the reeds but I have a reed spacer Id like to use.

Inside the reed cage theres like a block of plastic. When you put the stock manifold on it holds this piece of plastic in. with the reed spacer that block/plastics isnt held in with anything and would fall right out.. I first figured that well the vacum will hold it in there but of course it wouldnt when the bikes off and the block would fall out when loading the bike.

Can that black plastic piece be left out? Am i missing something?

Thanks guys.

beobe99
10-18-2007, 10:19 AM
anyone? bump

Rich250RRacer
10-18-2007, 03:33 PM
The reed spacer goes between the cylinder and the reed cage, not between the cage and the manifold or boot.

Aceman
10-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
The reed spacer goes between the cylinder and the reed cage, not between the cage and the manifold or boot.

Yep! Otherwise it would be called an "intake boot spacer.":p

beobe99
10-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer

hehehe! holy sh**... i cant believe i posted this.. Im usualy pretty good with figuring stuff out!.. but THIS I must of fell asleep on hehe!!

Thanks guys... yeah, im an ***...

can this be deleted so no one else see's it? haha!