PDA

View Full Version : GNCC Pro Production Rules???

superraptor
11-03-2002, 09:30 PM
i am thinking of getting into GNCC racing, the pro production class is what i am thinking.

here is the deal. i plan on running a Z400 with Houser long travel +1 a-arms and 19 ich Elka shocks with a +1 swing arm and Elka shock, or a Lobo XC front and rear suspension. i have not decided yet. you all tell me what you think...

as far as the motor mods goes, can you run a stroker kit? i want to run a 500cc stroker kit and aftermarket cam ith the Z. how do the rules go for the motor???

Also, i heard Matt Smiley is going to pro production and running a Kawi. is it true that Bill Balance is going to switch to pro production and run a Suzuki?

i figure that would be cool being i live a mile from his house and track.

anyhow, any help you all can give is great...

popo
11-03-2002, 11:17 PM
Good luck getting Houser.. I am going with Roll and long travel Elka's with a 440 kit. Z-400. Lonestar also has made some nice stuff for the Z

Pro-production rules state stock frame,stock engine case. Whats under the hood does not matter. Mike Benson runs a 500 in his Z, Duvall also runs a 500 thumper in his 400eX. Your more likely to run into more engine tear downs and maint.

The only reason Ballance and others are gonna run pro-production, is Pro and Pro-prod are going to allternate starts next season, and I am guessing who ever wants to be on the podium will want on the front line.

If you have never competed in a GNCC. I am not trying to bust your bubble, Think about a diff class like four stroke etc. And I think you have to have a pro-card in order to run pro.

Johnny, correct me if I am wrong.

superraptor
11-03-2002, 11:27 PM
the points in Pro and Pro-Production a seperate aren't they?

don't the pro's start and then a 60 seconds later pro production start?

i have thought of building a Lonestar framed and 250r with a LOBO front and rear suspension, a CT 310 power valve, and just running Pro. i just think the pro production class would be cheaper to start, being i have no sponsors at all.

popo
11-03-2002, 11:38 PM
Your correct about the point standings. And they do start 60 sec behind, but the first 3 overall to finish get on the podium.

If your are thinking a an R. Give either Jeff a call at the Quad Shop he has 3 like new. Also Johnny G is selling is R also.

Extremeracer167
11-04-2002, 10:32 AM
there are tons of rumors going around. Like ballance will try and run both classes. The R on the days the pros start up front, and a Z in the pro production the days they start up front, just to be the overall champ again. How true.....i dont nkow? Yokley will be runing pro production, smiley....who knows. They are also changing rules so that someone not in the top 30 overall cant run pro or pro production. So if u have never raced a GNCC b4 and you r not a pro in another AMA national series, dont think u are gonna be able to run either class.

11-04-2002, 11:27 AM
Superraptor have you ever raced in a GNCC or seen how fast the pro and pro-productions guys ride???

tprender
11-04-2002, 11:58 AM
Let's see--
First year racer or Pro class?

From what I was told this weekend, Balance is riding for LRD next year.

Extremeracer167
11-04-2002, 01:07 PM
well thats a givin, im sure ballance will be with LRD as long as he rides.

quadman21
11-04-2002, 01:24 PM
Extreme, I don't think the rumor of ballance running both classes could mathmaticaly or physicaly be true. You only race one quad at a time. As far as them starting alternately, it's still the same afternoon race so if they split the pro and pro-p starts in half Ballance would in theory have half the season collected in pro points and the other half in pro-P and would not be an overall winner of either one. Understand what I'm saying:huh

cdalejef
11-04-2002, 03:19 PM
He can run both and still win the overall! Overall points are scored differently than class points!

11-04-2002, 03:21 PM
can he still get the pro class title or will he be just racing for the overall for everyrace?? Damn GNCC rules were made up by a crackhead I think..

superraptor
11-04-2002, 03:24 PM
as far as not being able to run pro or pro production i could care less. i am gonna build a pro production quad or a 250r based LOBO 2 quad that would only fit in pro, wether i race it or not. it is just gonna be another toy. it not like i can make a living racing GNCC.

i just figured if i was gonna spend the $$$ to build it i might as well try run a couple of races here and there. like i said earlier, if i cant, i could care less.

cdalejef
11-04-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Rico
can he still get the pro class title or will he be just racing for the overall for everyrace?? Damn GNCC rules were made up by a crackhead I think.. He would be going for overall only!

superraptor
11-04-2002, 10:12 PM
Popo:
[quote]If you have never competed in a GNCC. I am not trying to bust your bubble, Think about a diff class like four stroke etc. And I think you have to have a pro-card in order to run pro.[quote]

if i decied to build the 250r i mentioned what class would it fit in other than Pro? and if i go with the Z400 i mentioned would it go in any other class then Pro Production?

i am gonna build one of the two just to have, and figured it would be cool to run a couple of GNCC events. i pretty much just want a Pro caliber XC quad to ride with my buddies.:devil

popo
11-04-2002, 10:46 PM
I would go to the GNCC web site and look at the times that people are finishing under. Even the 1st yr have fast times.

chavez
11-05-2002, 05:09 AM
anyone can build a pro bike and ride in most classes the thing is can you ride at pro speed if you can go for it if you cant you will p-ss off alot of them if you hold the pace up. this is not to discourage you we are just tring to inform you just my opinion and yes nobody asked it but it more enjoyable to hold first place wood in another class then being dead last in the pro class and even lower in the overall than say the open a or 4st mod

quadman21
11-05-2002, 06:15 AM
I guess I'm gonna eat some crow on this one Jeff. Your right! That Pro Production made things a litttle confusing. Before the Pro-P class, you never had to worry about a 250A rider pulling off an overall. This makes things very interesting for the 03 season!

superraptor
11-05-2002, 11:07 AM
chavez:
[quote]it more enjoyable to hold first place wood in another class then being dead last in the pro class and even lower in the overall than say the open a or 4st mod[quote]

thats a very good point. the last thing i want to do is p-ss a bunch of other riders off. i just like the competition, be it no competition or first class competition. heck, i'm still gonna build a pro-caliber quad. just so i can say i have one.:D

speedfreaky
11-05-2002, 11:30 AM
I think superrapturd's in for a rude awakening at his first race. I'd run first year or something cheif nobody runs pro or proproduction their very first year racing. YOur dreaming dude. wake the F up.

chavez
11-05-2002, 11:34 AM
i always love building them i just wish i could ride like one lol i dont know what the rule changes are for next year but you could start in an open a or 4stroke mod if you spank al are *****es then move up as of last year if you won an open a class you could. you can drop your worse 2 races so it really wolnt effect your points good luck if you make it to the track look me up im the only lighter shade of brown there lol and yes popo one of the biggest bald spots you ever did see

11-05-2002, 12:25 PM
:blah check out the heads on these to weirdo's...LMFAO Make that 2 lighter shades of brown Chavez..

;)

superraptor
11-05-2002, 06:26 PM
speedfreaky:
you must not read to well, or you are a complete dumb *****.(lol :D )if you had read the entire post you would have seen were i said i was going to build a pro production or pro -caliber quad no matter what. i am not trying to make a run at the pionts or leaders. i just figured when i got the quad built i might run a GNCC race or two for the fun of it.

as for everyone else that has posted and been helpfull, thanks alot. i appreciate it a bunch. who knows, maybe one day i will go Pro. i am in no hurry, at least not until you can make some big $$$$ when you win. :D

chavez
11-06-2002, 05:52 AM
good luck see you at the races

gncc571
11-07-2002, 01:24 PM
sounds like he's got more money then sense:huh

11-07-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by gncc571
sounds like he's got more money then sense:huh

must be nice...:(

superraptor
11-07-2002, 05:36 PM
not more money than sense, just enough money and expensive hobbies. i like to go fast. thats it.