PDA

View Full Version : 450r carb=higher dbs?

Pipeless416
10-15-2007, 06:44 PM
i installed an 04-05 450r carb this past weekend that i recently purchased. everything went as expected and the jetting still isnt dialed in perfectly.. once i got it on and fired it up, it seems like my 400 is even louder than before. i ride in sound sensitive areas, and my hmf with a quiet core is already pushing it. has anybody else noticed an increase in sound output? is it just because its bringing in that much more air? i love the new found power, but i really dont want to switch pipes because of this. any input is appreciated.

10-15-2007, 06:48 PM
to me it seems logical for high dB's from more air and fuel going through. There is in turn the FMF powerbomb header which lowers dB's by a little if you have the slip on

Pipeless416
10-15-2007, 07:05 PM
thats what i have really been on the lookout for. if not that i guess i'll have to look for a big gun evo x with a quiet core, pro circuit t4 type 496, any fmf q series 1-4 :( , yoshi rs3, or a two brothers.. i really like my hmf though..

sc400ex_rider
10-15-2007, 07:14 PM
yes mine did.... alot of that noise is from sound coming from the carb itself. you can hear the intake noises more. m2c

10-15-2007, 07:33 PM
if your running open air box lid shut it and watch how much more silent your quad is. Then its not really giving full potential

flauge
10-15-2007, 07:41 PM
The only time I noticed mine getting louder is when I got down on it. Thats just the intake sounds, its not really that much louder if you ask me but its a heluva lot deeper tho. I love it!

Pipeless416
10-15-2007, 08:08 PM
usually i put the lid back on my airbox while riding in wisconsin to quiet it down anyway lol. im at least keeping my hmf until late december because we're going to little sahara, OK and there arent any sound restrictions there :devil: . both my brother and my dad commented on how loud mine got with this new carb. i can hear the intake sounds, but the exhaust is noticeably louder.. maybe its just getting to be repacking time. how many hours do you guys normally go?