PDA

View Full Version : Please wear your helmet

Woodsrider
11-03-2002, 09:23 PM
I crashed today and if not for my hemet, I would be needing a new head. I was climbing a hill I have climbed before. And I flipped my bike. It came over amd landed on my head at least once. but my helmet is mush, when you squish it on the sides (the cheecks) it closes in almost three inches. My quad landed on my head! The front plastic took some damage, but nothing that cant be repaired. My head cant. please wear your hemet. Ill get pics in the morning when I sober up:rolleyes:

Ps I was sober when I wrecked.;)

JabberJaw
11-03-2002, 09:27 PM
I am glad you are ok groggyrider!

11-03-2002, 09:33 PM
WhAt you thinkin man, we have posted so many threads about people and deaths of peeps w/o helmet's! o well glad to here your alright

QuadJunkies
11-03-2002, 09:54 PM
Glad to hear your ok...Thank god you had your helmet on;)

Nausty
11-03-2002, 09:58 PM
Yah i had a picture of my broken helmet but I can't find it. My helmet has saved my life time after time and when you least expect it is when it bites you in the arse. Just but the dang thing on and be done with it.

Woodsrider
11-04-2002, 07:19 AM
boy my neck and jaws are sore this morning:( I hate to go see my quad. I have looked my hemet over and cant find any cracks, but when you squeeze the sides in you can hear the fiberglass.
I guess I'll be shopping for a new skid lid. The quad faired pretty good I think, nothing I cant tweek with a heat gun.

20 minutes after I flipped it my friend flipped his Z in the same spot. he will be getting new bars. But he was able to get out of the way of the quad and didnt get hurt. I still think his bill will be close to the same as mine.

pbarr86
11-04-2002, 08:02 AM
I'm crazy not stupid :D

Paul

JTRtrx250r
11-04-2002, 11:09 AM
hey soggy,where were you riding?

brazilian rider
11-04-2002, 11:25 AM
where is the pic of the helmet?and the quad?

Woodsrider
11-04-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
hey soggy,where were you riding?

I was riding at a friends place down in Puyallup. we ride their every weekend when the poker runs are over.

Woodsrider
11-04-2002, 07:16 PM
Here is a pic of the back of my helmet. I don't have my quad home to take a pic of it. I will be bringing it home later in the week.

The pic of the helmet doesn't really tell the story very well.

11-04-2002, 07:28 PM
glad to hear ya ok

chad400ex
11-04-2002, 07:55 PM
Soggy, so the important question is....did you rip the new seat cover in the crash!!! J/K, hope you and the quad are okay. Wouldn't want to miss out on an opportunity to drink your beer again.

stocktires
11-04-2002, 07:56 PM
glad ur ok, My helmet has only saved me once.
Yea, deffinatley get a new lid, dont go cheap either. dot AND snell approved, dot will approve a baseball cap for a helmet :rolleyes:

TC17
11-04-2002, 08:09 PM
my helmet is currently broken but it's not that bad. when i wrecked at the track i landed on the left side of my helmet and the plastic broke off from the screws that hold it in and it's scratched. i really don't care, it's only the visor. i'll prob get it fixed sooner or later.

11-04-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
I crashed today and if not for my hemet, I would be needing a new head. I was climbing a hill I have climbed before. And I flipped my bike. It came over amd landed on my head at least once. but my helmet is mush, when you squish it on the sides (the cheecks) it closes in almost three inches. My quad landed on my head! The front plastic took some damage, but nothing that cant be repaired. My head cant. please wear your hemet. Ill get pics in the morning when I sober up:rolleyes:

Ps I was sober when I wrecked.;)
thats what they are made for :)

Woodsrider
11-04-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by chad400ex
Soggy, so the important question is....did you rip the new seat cover in the crash!!! J/K, hope you and the quad are okay. Wouldn't want to miss out on an opportunity to drink your beer again.

LOL beleive it or not that cover is still on the shelf. I havent had time yet to go get it put on.

Stocktires I feel they are only made to save you once after any hit hard enough to make you glad you had it on you should inspect it and replace it if there is any ? of it's integrity. It was a CLX-3 and I will replace it with a CLX-4 fuel:D The best price I have found so far is $104 +s&h.

stocktires
11-05-2002, 06:01 AM
Yea, My visor broke into 3 pieces.
I got troy lee designs now, its not even as strong as the the stock one though, So it'll pop off the next time I go down