PDA

View Full Version : Experience with FST 330 kit

forgiven
10-15-2007, 05:26 PM
I am pretty sure I am going to get a 330 kit for my wifes 300ex. I currently have a full yosh exhaust and a clamp on K&N with outerware. It runs pretty good but she want considerably more power but doesn't want to spend a ton. The 330 seems perfect, but how much of a real world performance difference will she see?

Thanks in advance.

dork
10-17-2007, 10:18 AM
it should take it from about 20-21 hp now to 25-33, depending on intake mods. it adds a lot more torque, so you can run 14/36 no prob. i would definitely get a cam, one of the more aggressive profiles, and larger intakes are helpful if your budget allows. also a 400ex carb bolts up and works well and is cheap.

forgiven
10-17-2007, 10:40 AM
My wife doesn't really race or anything like that. We mostly trail ride. I was thinking about getting the Stage 1 hot cam just because they are cheap and should compliment the additional low end with a little more mid/top punch. We didn't want to spend a ton but with the Stage 1 cam it says I don't need valve springs or anything else. FST guys recommended it though.

bwamos
10-18-2007, 05:54 AM
It's a great build. You will see decent gains. It's also very reliable.

If you get headwork done w/ oversized valves you will see a much better gain. But you can also always do that later.