PDA

View Full Version : schraeder valve for shock

hookedonpain
10-15-2007, 05:10 PM
We broke the rear top shock cross member right off the frame.Pushing it into the seat and damaging the valve for charging the shock.I can`t find one anywhere,and need one by Fri. for our final race of the season,Can anyone tell me where to get one.

Thanks.

jetmedic
10-16-2007, 06:34 AM
If its broke you most likely lost your nitrogen charge so getting a valve will not help the shock it will need to be serviced properly. I have a shock body in good shape you just need to put a spring on it. Pm me. It is a stock apex shock.

racinmason911
10-24-2007, 02:56 PM
We found that the schraeder valve on the rear shock of my sons Apex had been smashed when we were tearing it down over the weekend. Do it need to send it off to be repaired? Or is it as simple as replacing the valve?

hookedonpain
10-24-2007, 04:16 PM
You can replace the valve,the problem is finding the right threads to fit.It seems to be a straight thread,possibly a iso hydraulic thread,what mm i`m not sure.I replaced ours with a valve from another apex shock.Then you will need to recharge the shock with 100# of nitrogen.I re-oiled and recharged these shocks twice this year,they got us through the season.If you`ve got them off the quad,take them apart,dump the fish oil they come with,put in some 7 weight oil and recharge them.It`ll definitely help.Good Luck,Ride Fast.