PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Dvx 400

brad_400ex
10-15-2007, 05:08 PM
I found a 2004 DVX 400 for 3000, it is like new with less than 20 hrs, has under armor, nerfs, and bumper, does this sound like a good deal, any problems with these models, thanks for any info

the fat kid
10-15-2007, 06:13 PM
sorry just saw that you have an 03 z400, its all the same animal so disregard any of the info you read after this...

yes its a good deal, no theres no problems that ive ran into yet, ive had mien for about 8 months now, bought it used, only problem i had and i suggest you look at this before you go to buy, is hte chain adjuster on the back, make sure the bolt isint snapped off in there, its coming straight of fhte back theres a hole for it in the back of the carrier bearing, i had to pay 30 dollars for a dude to weld a nut around it and crank it out, and also check your sprockets chain and brakes, a new chain and brakes all around will set you back a good 250 dollars and also wiggle the front wheels side to side to check the bearings up there, mine were shot when i got it but i didnt knwo what i was looking at, bearings can be cheap but u could also spend 80 bux on fronts, idk post up if you get it.

mojavedude
10-15-2007, 08:26 PM
2004s had the frame fixed so thats not an issue.

2003 ltzs had a problem with frames cracking above front schok mounts if you ride it hard. it shouldnt affect the dvx tho.

but when you by and atv, take it throught all grears, 1-5 and reverse, and make sure there all proper.

check all joints for loose ness, swing arm, axle, a-arms, stearing stem.