PDA

View Full Version : jetting

outlaw11
10-15-2007, 08:26 AM
heres the problem i put a hmf exhaust and k&n filter on i put a 165 main 2 1/2 turns mixture ran like a top. tryed the dynojet kit for the 525 (got free) messed with jets and mixture for a while when ever i push the throttle in completely off of idle it stumbles for a split sec then takes full throttle. My question should i just take the kit out and just put my main jet back in untill i order the jd kit thanx! has anybody had problems with the jd kit just dont want to buy it and have the same problems

OutlawBill
10-15-2007, 08:57 AM
It is you pilot jet go up to a 48 or 50

outlaw11
10-15-2007, 10:27 AM
do you think i should move the clip down 1 more on the needle

OutlawBill
10-15-2007, 12:05 PM
The 525 comes lean from the factory to meet EPA standards. The stumble is cause the slow air circuit. Due a search on jetting the FCR carb there are a lot of ways to fit it.

bossman525
10-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by outlaw11
heres the problem i put a hmf exhaust and k&n filter on i put a 165 main 2 1/2 turns mixture ran like a top. tryed the dynojet kit for the 525 (got free) messed with jets and mixture for a while when ever i push the throttle in completely off of idle it stumbles for a split sec then takes full throttle. My question should i just take the kit out and just put my main jet back in untill i order the jd kit thanx! has anybody had problems with the jd kit just dont want to buy it and have the same problems
get the jd kit. also, do what bill said and go to a 48 or 50 pilot jet.
i fought that off idle stumble for a long time until i went with a 48 pilot and raised the clip one position on my needle. by the way, how loud is your hmf pipe? i was going to get one a while back but i canceled my order because i heard they are real loud.

outlaw11
10-15-2007, 06:23 PM
good thing you didnt get one then because its really loud i love loud cars and bikes but this thing just is to loud for me thanx for the tips guys