PDA

View Full Version : fcr problem

NewZowner
11-03-2002, 08:54 PM
i know this isnt a suzuki forum but noone has as much experience as you guys.. my prob is i got the fcr39 and today for somereason i looked in my airbox and it had like an inch of gas in it.. what would make the carb continue to pump gas in it? this is tricky too because the original set up is a vaccuum type. if you contiue to just hold the throttle open would the carb keep letting gas flow? i thought the engine kinda sucked gas in.. im reallly confused.. also.. if you pumped the throttle like 4or5 times that shouldnt give ya an inch of gas in the box would it? im thinkin maybe the main jet came loose or the slow air or fuel.. any suggestions would be appreciated..

Extremeracer167
11-03-2002, 09:02 PM
u have some SERIOUS problems if u have gas in your air box!!!!! especially an INCH!!maybe your carbs on backwards:confused:

NewZowner
11-03-2002, 09:12 PM
come on man.. im not that big of a moron.. if it clarifies things.. i drained the box and cleaned the plug and it fired up and ran, but then i let it set tried to start it and it wouldnt so thats when i looked and saw the gas filled back up.. some reason the fuel isnt shuttin off.. thx for your help..

433rd
11-04-2002, 07:33 AM
Check your float, it doesnt sound like it is set up correctly.

oynot400
11-04-2002, 08:28 AM
There is probably a piece of dirt or something in the float valve causing the carb to overflow. Take off the carb and clean it up, you should be fine. If it continues to do it you may need a new valve seat.

NewZowner
11-04-2002, 12:14 PM
cool thanks for the heads up.. but havent tore the carb all apart to clean it.. not sure exactly where the parts are your talking about.. do you have any sites that expain how to do this or maybe youd be able to expain it a bit.. i know where the floats are but thats about it.. there are so many jets its gettin abit confusing..

Extremeracer167
11-04-2002, 01:02 PM
If u take off your bowl to show your floats, your main jet is right there. The pilot is down in a hole right beside the main jet. And all the parts that hes talking about arre the parts that move up and down with your float. It is the part that moves up and down in the carburetor.