PDA

View Full Version : Almost Done....

danhung11
10-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Check out some pics of my semi-rebuild. :devil:

Should I shave the fenders or leave them? By the way, I am looking for the front and rear lower fender brackets.

Check out the custom foot pegs that I had fabricated.

I can be reached via email at danhung11@gmail.com.

http://www.imagestation.com/8707395/3885323800

http://www.imagestation.com/8707395/3885323844

http://www.imagestation.com/8707395/3885323847

http://www.imagestation.com/8707395/3885323845

http://www.imagestation.com/8707395/3885323846

Thanks,
Dan

pdxbigfoot
10-14-2007, 10:46 PM
In the words of family guys Peter Griffin.....FREAKIN SWEET!!!! nice job and i think i have bottom fender mounts...let me check...J

danhung11
10-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by pdxbigfoot
In the words of family guys Peter Griffin.....FREAKIN SWEET!!!! nice job and i think i have bottom fender mounts...let me check...J

Thanks PDX. Let me know about those brackets. Needed ASAP.

Dan

pdxbigfoot
10-15-2007, 12:02 AM
Got them.

gumby2461
10-15-2007, 01:45 AM
Wow, nice job man killer quad, def one of the nicest ive seen recently

312R1
10-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Looks great!!!

I'm in Kansas City right now..lol

danhung11
10-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by 312R1
Looks great!!!

I'm in Kansas City right now..lol

Need any spare parts? I live 13 miles south of KCI Airport.

Dan

ny300exrider
10-15-2007, 02:58 PM
one word.

magnificent.

badquad
10-15-2007, 03:49 PM
That is a sweet quad. I hope mine looks that good when I finish it.
Have you used those tires in soft terrian, like sand? How do they work? I am thinking about getting some. Those are claws right?

Again, sweet.

svahle
10-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Well Dan it looks like you did somehow improve your R. It was pretty freakin' sweet before the make over.

As for the fenders, I am a fan of tastefully race cut fronts. But I sure hate to see you cut that new plastic. If you intend to ride it (rather than just wash and polish it) I would want the fronts cut. I just can't stand not seeing my front tires especially when jumping.

For those of you that didn't see Dan's quad before the rebuild, here is a pic. Dan, I hope you don't mind me posting pics of your R, but I just can't get over how nice it was before.

svahle
10-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Oh yeah - very nice choice for the front shocks. I had Axis on my last R and can't say enough good things about them.

Aceman
10-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Ehhh, I guess it looks alright.:devil:

danhung11
10-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by svahle
Well Dan it looks like you did somehow improve your R. It was pretty freakin' sweet before the make over.

As for the fenders, I am a fan of tastefully race cut fronts. But I sure hate to see you cut that new plastic. If you intend to ride it (rather than just wash and polish it) I would want the fronts cut. I just can't stand not seeing my front tires especially when jumping.

For those of you that didn't see Dan's quad before the rebuild, here is a pic. Dan, I hope you don't mind me posting pics of your R, but I just can't get over how nice it was before.

Thanks for the compliments. As far as being particular, I am pretty anal about my chit. I agree with the fender comment, it is hard to commit to cut that brand new plastic especially since I have two other sets which are both cut. I am torn, but I do agree...seeing the front tires is nice. :devil:

My upgrades consisted of:

Walsh Custom-made Double Wide Kick-ups - Mike, you da man!
Axis Shocks - Fully Adjustable (DanW);
Walsh Long Body A-arms - Fully Adjustable (camsdad);
ESR310R kit (this winter) with all the goodies like Billet Flange, Head, Waterneck, etc;
PWR Radiator,
New rear end bearings in swingarm linkage:
RAD tapered bearing carrier to Billett LSR Twin Row;
Hipers Rear
Hipers CF1 to be mounted
ITP T-9 Pro Fronts
Kenda Klaw MX's all the way around
Brand New PWK 38mm Air Stryker
Hinson Quick Change...on the way!
Houser -2 Swingarm...on the way!
Fresh powdercoat on swingarm, a-arms, stem, hubs, spindles, tank mounts, shock springs, etc.

So if you look at it like this, there was a lot of good upgrades if you compare the pictures from the old. Those plastics on the picture that you posted are for sale too.

I am sure there will be more on the way. :devil:

I have a full set of Billet Hubs for an R, but decided that I am going to sell them or trade for more stuff since the powdercoat came out sooooo nice on the OEM parts.

:devil:

svahle
10-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Dude, you are gonna love a 310. I just can't get enough of mine. Here is a pic of my power plant. Now just imagine it completely polished, chromed, cleaned, and shined and it will look like yours when you get it done. It will probably make mine look dirty.:D

312R1
10-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
Need any spare parts? I live 13 miles south of KCI Airport.

Dan

What kind of spare parts do you have?

-Steve

danhung11
10-18-2007, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by 312R1
What kind of spare parts do you have?

-Steve

Full set of Billet Hubs. Fronts are LSR with Braking Rotors and the rears are DuraBlue BRAND NEW (never mounted)

Spindles fresh powder
Entire set of Maier Plastics - white
Brand New Maier Vented Hood - white
ESR Graphics Kit
AC Pro Peg Nerf Bars

Some others too. What are you looking for?

danhung11
11-13-2007, 07:44 AM
However, I am picking up 2 more tonight. :devil:

What do you guys think? Better than the other setup a few posts up??

:eek2:

danhung11
11-13-2007, 07:45 AM
:D

danhung11
11-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by LiiL pOpSz
just wondering how much for the AC Pro Peg Nerf Bars?

I SOLD them. You kept beating around the bush with all the parts list that you requested and odd questions.

No offense, but I prefer not selling parts to individuals under the age of 21...ESPECIALLY via the internet.

Thanks for understanding. :ermm:
Dan

danhung11
11-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by LiiL pOpSz
sorry dan but i dont recall pegs and a harness a list and as for those parts i didnt buy the pegs because i thought about it and if im building something from ground up i rather go with aftermarket rather then stock...and if you dont want to sell to me because i am under 21...i really sont care....
thanks for understanding:D

Perfect Example! :rolleyes: By the way... I used the word prefer.

Thanks!
Dan

RideRed84
11-13-2007, 02:43 PM
I really liked it better when the plastics weren't cut and it still had the head light. It is still the sickest quad I have ever seen and I love the color combo, but I'm not the biggest fan of the race cut. Where did you get those graphics made?

250Renvy
11-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Hey Dan, what happened to the custom hood? That quad tech looks really good.

Are you keeping the white 89 hood/light?

Could you PM me the company that was going to make the custom hood, I'm not going to go with FC and have a new idea for a custom hood I want to see if they'll make me.

danhung11
11-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by RideRed84
I really liked it better when the plastics weren't cut and it still had the head light. It is still the sickest quad I have ever seen and I love the color combo, but I'm not the biggest fan of the race cut. Where did you get those graphics made?

The fenders were too floppy going 50mph plus so I decided to cut them. Also, I like seeing my front tires especially on a track. Another reason, them lower brackets just don't look right to me. :ermm:

I still have the headlight, just took it out because I didn't want to wreck or something and jack it all up. It is mint and they are hard to come by.

Yes, I love the color of the frame. I attached another pic shot at night and you can see how that frame just glows. There is a lot of candy in that red. It sparkles. I am picking up two more R's tonight and can't wait to start. I already have a sick color combo in mind!! :devil:

Graphics were made by Pro-Graphx look them up on the internet...Don will make it right!

danhung11
11-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
Hey Dan, what happened to the custom hood? That quad tech looks really good.

Are you keeping the white 89 hood/light?

Could you PM me the company that was going to make the custom hood, I'm not going to go with FC and have a new idea for a custom hood I want to see if they'll make me.

That hood is actually a Maier with a QT Sticker. :p

I have a white one coming though... As far as that custom CF hood. It is FourWerx.com. Tell him Dan Hung sent you. Jay is great guy (xsr_racing28c)! I decided that I want a custom CF hood that is 86/87 style. I would think the CF on the 88/89 Style would crack way too easy and don't even want to go down that road. One of the R's that I am picking up tonight has an OEM hood that I will be sending to him. Hopefully, I should have it in a month or two. I will post pics of the bikes when I get them tonight.

Ha ha! I am keeping the OEM hood. Nice try though. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the compliments! Can't wait to start the next!
Dan

RideRed84
11-13-2007, 03:50 PM
2 more R's:eek2:
Lucky man, I would love to start an R project after I find a good 450.

Aceman
11-13-2007, 04:13 PM
I think you need to upgrade the front wheels, those are stock pc'ed black right? Maybe, beadlocks to match the rear....

Creech52
11-13-2007, 05:46 PM
wow...Pretty much how I want my R to come out. Minus a few things. Same black red and white theme tho, just with diff graphics and a black hood. So that place will make a 88-89 hood in CF??? that would be awesome but what about price???

Great job, but I think the 88-89 hoods look best with full fenders. Still a sick *** quad though.

If you have any parts you dont need you should check my amass R parts thread. Im also 21 so I fit the requirements right?

danhung11
11-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Creech52
wow...Pretty much how I want my R to come out. Minus a few things. Same black red and white theme tho, just with diff graphics and a black hood. So that place will make a 88-89 hood in CF??? that would be awesome but what about price???

Great job, but I think the 88-89 hoods look best with full fenders. Still a sick *** quad though.

If you have any parts you dont need you should check my amass R parts thread. Im also 21 so I fit the requirements right?

Thanks man! Yes, those hoods can be made. I have a hood that I can trash for the mold. They are pricey, but if you want bling - it is one of a kind. I am sure there are a lot of interests if a prototype was made. I need some time.

As far as a selling age, I put that thinking that all people making purchases were not commiting to purchases and not coming through. It makes it hard when you are working out deals and parts don't come and go as planned. It is a headache all around and I think with age comes integrity in a business deal.

Here are the two R's I just picked up. The ATC is for sale...it is way too scary for me! :ermm:

RideRed84 - I have a chit ton of parts that I will be listing. Just have to go through and see what I want to keep. There was almost $500 in goodies alone. :devil:

Let's just say I got one heck of d(st)eal!! :D

xsr_racing28c
11-15-2007, 08:32 AM
Dan,
Great looking R's for sure! Your modded one turned out great, I love the look of it!

As for the hoods, I know you and I will be in close contact with the design and production phase of these. For the other people interested, the time frame on these hoods will probably be about a month and a half to two months out because right now I'm at my busiest point of the year with doing many projects and parts for racers around here as well as my own.

I'm not sure what the pricing is going to be yet until I get the hoods for templates in my hands. That will be determined later on.

Thanks for the interest, and I can't wait to make some neat products for you guys!

Later,
Jay @ FourWerx Motorsports

danhung11
11-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Jay,

Templates should be there next week! :devil:

Also, to those that are interested.

I plan to send:

1988-89 TRX250R OEM Style Hood
1986-87 TRX250R OEM Style Hood

Please post any others that you need to be casted. It is just hard to send two OEM hoods knowing that they will be destroyed. :( But I will post pics apon completion and it will be well worth it! Bling bling....

Thanks,
Dan

These are gonna be so sick you will feel ill!!! :devil:

Creech52
11-15-2007, 12:24 PM
Cant wait for the 88-89 hood. Ive always thought about doing one in CF but never had the resources and figured there was not enough interest in them for the CF guys like feather and quadtech to do them. I hope I can afford one...if not at least I could drool over the pictures. What about CF tank covers?

danhung11
11-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Cant wait for the 88-89 hood. Ive always thought about doing one in CF but never had the resources and figured there was not enough interest in them for the CF guys like feather and quadtech to do them. I hope I can afford one...if not at least I could drool over the pictures. What about CF tank covers?

Do you have a tank cover that is trash and you do not care to get it back? That is what is needed to make the templates.

Let me know and Thanks for the interest!

You will not be disappointed. Here is a link that shows the YFZ Skid plate and TRX450R Hood.

http://www.fourwerx.com/PHP-Nuke/index.php

:devil:

Creech52
11-15-2007, 02:59 PM
All looks killer.

Just curious is he using the vacuum form method to make the hood?

Also I do not have a tank cover but if I did it would be on its way...the CF ones are getting harder and harder to come by.

So if I sent a tank cover would I get a special price on one?? haha

BTW. Nice score on the trike and R....I wouldnt mind having a R trike...but I can barely afford to put together my roller.

danhung11
11-15-2007, 03:09 PM
All looks killer.

Just curious is he using the vacuum form method to make the hood?

Also I do not have a tank cover but if I did it would be on its way...the CF ones are getting harder and harder to come by.

So if I sent a tank cover would I get a special price on one?? haha

BTW. Nice score on the trike and R....I wouldnt mind having a R trike...but I can barely afford to put together my roller.

I have no idea. XSR(jay) posted a thread so he is seeing all this. I would doubt that there is much flexibility in price since this will all be a custom - one off job until there are more interests.

As far as the ATC...come pick it up. It scares the chit out of me! :o

Creech52
11-15-2007, 04:42 PM
pick it up as in free? haha...like I said, I could barely afford to finish my bike.

11-19-2007, 04:09 PM
thats sickkk!1