PDA

View Full Version : my old man.... racing Q's.

CRich[814]
10-14-2007, 09:59 PM
well my old man bought a new can-am 650 (nicee!) and he's been reading how everyone races them and stuff. well he full wants to race. he says if he likes it, he's going to buy a renegade 800 and race a full reason next year. he wants to race XC near Erie, PA. if anyone knows where there is a race real soon and a 35+ vet or some old man class for him to race, let me know. preferably near erie, but anywhere in pa, oh, or ny is fine.

CannondaleRider
10-14-2007, 10:24 PM
.....I don't have any information for you....but, I think maybe a little encouragment would be nice.

My dad want to race....he's not in good shape, and he hasn't truely rode in many years....do I cut him down...hell no, I encourage him. I believe my dad could do fairly well. I'm also fully willing to help him out in any way possible. Building his bike, maintaining it, helping with his training and practice, whatever..

Don't cut him down...

coryatver
10-14-2007, 10:30 PM
there is the CRA series and AWRC series there the closest series around. switchback in butler has a series but i don't think they have a utility class.

CRich[814]
10-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Don't cut him down...

im just breaking his balls. were really tight, and i told him it'd be awesome if he seriously did race. i said i'd take off work and drive up with him everyweekend for support and such. i plan on getting a 400ex and racing xc next year in the stock class a few times too.

Originally posted by coryatver
there is the CRA series and AWRC series there the closest series around. switchback in butler has a series but i don't think they have a utility class.

im doing a little research, fount FTA and i saw your there too. thanks.

zukirules
10-14-2007, 10:38 PM
At least your dad wants to ride, but i can't help ya out on the race part

CRich[814]
10-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by zukirules
At least your dad wants to ride, but i can't help ya out on the race part

yeah. he bought a new prarie 300 and recon 250 in 1999 and in about 2003 we had 7 wheelers and thats about the last time he rode besides hunting. i've never really been out riding with him since i've been able to ride a full size machine. a few weeks ago he mentioned a new grizzley, and i came home one day and he was cruising around on the can-am. i think its awesome he finally got a machine he likes again and hopefully we'll go riding together soon.