PDA

View Full Version : well, back here in Pa.

450robot
10-14-2007, 09:35 PM
yes, its true, i left sunny california for good ole Pa...

while the weather was nice, there really was just nothing there for me... just alot of hub bub commercial areas and highways...

i much rather like my neighborhood communities and twisty back scenic roads!

all that aside, it just wasnt for me... to fast and furious for my style...

so.. im back home, with a new bike, sold the drz-sm, bought an fz6...

thought you guys might like some pics

(i dont regret moving back)

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5170/s4010001yq9.jpg

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/3169/s4010003id6.jpg

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7126/s4010005lh4.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9337/s4010007sd6.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2344/s4010008zh6.jpg

heres a photoshoooop of the paint job i want to try to accomplish for it this winter

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6468/79946625sn8.jpg

troyleepred719
10-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Got rid of the DRZ? Howd you like that, Im looking at geting one for cruising around here. Whats the price for one of those new or used, if you dont mind me asking?..

Sweet bike, i like the plans for the paint job, they are definately one of the most comfy bikes out..

450robot
10-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
Got rid of the DRZ? Howd you like that, Im looking at geting one for cruising around here. Whats the price for one of those new or used, if you dont mind me asking?..

Sweet bike, i like the plans for the paint job, they are definately one of the most comfy bikes out..

i loved my drz! it just got me into way much trouble! hahaha, that bike really makes you think your hot stuff... i called it my hooligan bike... but it was great for round town commuting! just not up to highway affairs...

i sold mine for $5400 (07 w/1200miles) with some visual mods and a pipe

yup, the fz6 is very comfy, i wanted a sporty sprinter, but didnt want to have to deal with the riding position of a sport bike... i travel alot, so its perfect for me. its pretty manuverable.

heres a pic of the sm before she was taken away.

troyleepred719
10-14-2007, 09:52 PM
thats the bike i want right there, its actually ther reason i want one so bad, after seeing yours. considering i work 20 miles aways, and drive a silverado lol....

i love the riding position of your bike, power of a sport bike, comfort of a cruiser, perfect combo....

how old were you whe you got the sm, did you get any help?

450robot
10-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by troyleepred719
thats the bike i want right there, its actually ther reason i want one so bad, after seeing yours. considering i work 20 miles aways, and drive a silverado lol....

i love the riding position of your bike, power of a sport bike, comfort of a cruiser, perfect combo....

how old were you whe you got the sm, did you get any help?

im 18, i bought the sm this year, paid for it, and my insurance ($195 a year, insurance does not like young riders...)

road it for a while, finished adding what i wanted to add, and got bored of it. sold it, bought the fz6, and now pay $289 a year for insurance

its was a good change, i feel way more comfy on the fz since i started on the drz...

the speed is always what people say are the problems with sportbikes, but as long as you respect the throttle your fine. the stop on a dime brakes, and heavy weight are what suprised me on my first ride, a gentle tap will lock the wheels if done wrong. and putting your feet down in advance is a good idea when stopping, as to not sway the bike sideways, and look like an idiot on the road...

im glad it took the msf course haha

but like everyone says, just respect the bike... and watch out for others... they are the stupid ones...

in drz terms though, its just like a dirtbike... on the street, with much grippier tires... its fun, sporty, and light... great to learn on

07250ex
10-15-2007, 04:53 PM
sweet but whats the diff betwen ur photoshopped pic and the rest?

Tommy 17
10-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Glad to see your back! anytimes u wanna get together and ride street bikes let me know... i know some AWESOME! roads in PA we can go on

ny300exrider
10-15-2007, 06:45 PM
sweet fz6 man, nice to see you back on the east coast

drz wise, i just picked up an 06 S model...im turning 18 in 10 days.

it definitly is a fun bike, very efficient, and for me, useful since im making mine a true dual sport. i put over 500miles on it and dont even have it on the road yet...its just too much fun for around town riding

however, it is a bit underpowered for real commuting...you gotta be wound out pretty good to cruise on the highway and the wind blows you around pretty good too.

next bike will be 600 sportbike but for a first bike im definitly pleased with the drz

Which 450?
10-15-2007, 07:23 PM
yea i spent 5 minutes switching between the 2 photos and i see no difference?

450robot
10-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Which 450?

there isnt much really, its just copper orange, and black surrounding the headlights (raccoon eyes lol)/ front fender

im not going to crazy, ive never painted before... just getting help from a friend

450robot
10-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
Glad to see your back! anytimes u wanna get together and ride street bikes let me know... i know some AWESOME! roads in PA we can go on

sure man! gotta love carving corners!

give me some time to adapt to the bike, and i will hit you up!

Kickstarts-suck
10-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Which 450?

lmao! me too

you have to scroll to the right

ShiftFMX
10-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
lmao! me too

you have to scroll to the right

haha...got me too! I was like... :confused:

Ghost-Rider
10-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Nice bike ! I could never live in cali, just couldn't stand the people....