PDA

View Full Version : XC kfx400 TRADE for 400ex *pics*

Dr89
10-14-2007, 07:39 PM
hey guys, below is a link to a bunch of pics, any questions just ask, pm me for all the info...but mods are in my sig.

im looking to trade for a 400ex PREFFERABLY a 416, 426, 440, etc...thats not as important but it MUST have a good amount of aftermarket, widened, suspension, tires, only want to trade because i need cash along with it so make an offer. willing to travel some.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=317448

firefighterjosh
10-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Whats all done to the engine?

Has it been raced?

I have a super nice 416ex for sale. It has super low hours. I bought it with the intentions of racing it but only did twice and now its been sitting for almost a year. I have maybe put 1 hour on it since last winter:(

My GF has a nice KFX 400 that I really like the ergonomics of it.

What is all done with the gusset kit? Any pics closer to the engine? I just want to see the normal wear areas

thanks

firefighterjosh
10-24-2007, 09:05 PM
here is my latest pic

Dr89
10-24-2007, 09:56 PM
hey man im interested, where at in IN are you, im originally from northern IN too...ft. wayne area. anyways the quad has not been raced BY ME...as for the previous owners through a few strange coincidences i have actually talked to all of them even though beforehand i had no idea who had the bike before me...and i think it was probably raced by the first guy who had it, but i've had it for over a year now with zero problems :)

i CAN get closer pics of the engine if you want but, to be honest your not going to see any wear or tear, the engine is perfect, there simply isn't any. the engine is stock other than the bolt-ons listed in my sig, probably less than 40 hours ago i had the timing adjusted and while it was apart had them inspect the top end and the entire rest of the engine, top end was new everything else was great so...theres that.

the gussett kit is one of the items it was listed as having when i bought it, but i cant verify it, i meant to take that off the mod list. i'll look really close to be sure, i totally forgot that was on there and have never really thought any further about it.

what all is done to your engine? compression, cams, cdi, rockers, crank? just anything and everything...thanks and any other questions just ask. im really interested though so get back to me

:macho

firefighterjosh
10-24-2007, 10:12 PM
I still have to get permission from the misses before its a set deal lol. I am from Columbia City Indiana, Its really close to Fort Wayne. I accualyl work in fort wayne lol.

But Engine wise

JE piston
TC Cam
Kibble white? vavles...sorry I cant remember off the top of my head.

The whole engine engine was taken out and inspected. 2nd gear went out and while replacing that all the internal gaskets/seals where also replaced.

That is all basically, it has alot of tourqe. dave400ex on this site owned it before me.

I will try to get more pictures.

I put paddle tires on it to take it to the dunes in march, I also took my king quad. I never even rode the 400ex. My GF hurt her knee so I just rode her KFX400 while she rode my king quad.

And my 400ex still has the paddles on it lol.

firefighterjosh
10-24-2007, 10:13 PM
BTW here is a parts list

Elka Rear Rebuild
Elka LT Front Shocks and Shock Covers
Arens Steering Stem
Razr Tires all Around
PRM .190 Full Chassis Skid
PRM .250 Swingarm Skid
Pivot Works Front Wheel (Hub) Bearings
Galfer Brake Lines
CR250 Perch/Lever
Nac's Case Saver
Nac's Block Off & Cylinder Guard
Pro Design Kill Switch
UNI Air Filter
Acerbis Rally Pro Handguards
Kenny's Battery Cables
Valve Springs and Rockers
JE 416 Piston
Sparks 8 Plate Clutch Kit
Cometic Gaskets
Viton Valve Seals
Honda Clutch Cable
TC XC Cam
Bored Cylinder
Pivot Works Axle Carrier Bearings
Pivot Works Swingarm Bearings
Pivot Works Linkage Bearings
RAD Locknut
DID X-Ring Chain
Sunstar 15 Tooth Front Sprocket
Sunstar 38 Tooth Rear Sprocket
AC MX Grab Bar
Gusset Subframe
PCed Frame/Subframe/Blast Stem
GSXR750 Battery
Full HMF
Terry Clutch Cable +2"
Precision Concepts Revalve/Rebuild Shocks
Sidecases Powdercoated
Service Honda Bottom End Parts (Bottom end Rebuild)
C&D JE Rings and Cometic Gaskets
New Stem Bushing

firefighterjosh
10-24-2007, 10:15 PM
too tell you teh truth I bet your KFX 400 is faster. I raced my GFs KFX400 with yoshi pipe and she could beat stock honda 450. Now with my 400ex I can keep up with the same 450 till he hits 5th gear. It just dosen't have the top speed.

Dr89
10-25-2007, 02:28 PM
i DID only want to get rid of my quad to "down grade" for the extra cash for college, but now that i have that taken care of im really only looking for more motor! so i'll have to think about the 416...if it had a-arms and an axle i'd probably be sold on it...or if it was a completely beefed up engine/stroker or somethin along those lines, but i dont know the way it is i'll have to think about it.

firefighterjosh
10-26-2007, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Dr89
i DID only want to get rid of my quad to "down grade" for the extra cash for college, but now that i have that taken care of im really only looking for more motor! so i'll have to think about the 416...if it had a-arms and an axle i'd probably be sold on it...or if it was a completely beefed up engine/stroker or somethin along those lines, but i dont know the way it is i'll have to think about it.

thats cool i am not in any hurry.

if you want a faster engine then you are going to have to het a 450.

Dr89
10-29-2007, 12:56 PM
gone!!! traded straight up for an 05 yfz450!

firefighterjosh
10-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Dr89
gone!!! traded straight up for an 05 yfz450!

Congrats man:)