PDA

View Full Version : Where can i find some anti-vibe bar inserts?

EX LONERIDER
10-14-2007, 07:12 PM
similar to the ones on the stock bars, if not better ones.

i forgot i sold mine along with my stock bars and i hate life without them..... where can i get some?

CarGuy7a
10-15-2007, 04:48 PM
www.motosport.com has them. not sure if they'll fit your app. but they have some.

the stock bars have them? i didn't take them out when i installed my Pro Tapers. i didn't even really notice any difference between the two bars except i have better control.

sc400ex_rider
10-15-2007, 07:16 PM
ya thank god i saved mine they make alot of diff. you never see them on evilbay.... prolly cause no one knows there there. lol

10-15-2007, 07:32 PM
stock bars have anti vide inserts on them stock? or am I misinterpreting this

CarGuy7a
10-15-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
stock bars have anti vide inserts on them stock? or am I misinterpreting this

aparently so. i didn't know this either. i pulled up the OEM parts list on motosport and they do.

anyone know if the stock ones will fit in my pro tapers? they are 7/8 just like the stock bars.

EX LONERIDER
10-15-2007, 09:03 PM
yea, i didnt think about it when i sold em and shipped em. figured i could live without them....... i figured wrong. they do come stock on them.

carguy, thanks for the link! i found fasst company makes em.

CarGuy7a
10-16-2007, 06:31 PM
yeah i tried my stock ones in my pro taper 7/8 bars and they didn't fit. the outside diameters are the same but the inside diameters are different.

EX LONERIDER
10-16-2007, 08:46 PM
sounds kinda hack but, try drilling them out?

wilkin250r
10-17-2007, 01:08 AM
Are the stock units actual anti-vibe inserts, or are they just grip ends?

If you get products like the FASST Co. makes, be sure to choose the right ones for your bars. The twin-wall bars have different inner diameters, they're not interchangable.

Also, I've heard many people have good results with just filling the bar ends with a standard silicone caulk that you can find at any hardware store.