PDA

View Full Version : sand shark's or sand star?

oleboy87
10-14-2007, 06:04 PM
bout to get some sand tires and wondering what the diff is in sandstar and sand shark? anyone better than the other? the sand sharks are cheeper but i dont want to get them if they not giong to perform good even if they are cheeper.... please let me know soon so that i can make a purchase

trx400EXtreme
10-14-2007, 06:12 PM
get the sand sharks. i have a set ad they are great. ive ran my cousins sand stars and at glamis and there is no difference IMO.

oleboy87
10-14-2007, 06:21 PM
yea thats what i was wondering cause they look exactly the same...

gcart2
10-15-2007, 03:21 AM
i ran 20' sand stars with c series wheels and they worked great in glamis. get to use em again in november =)

cataway
10-15-2007, 04:05 AM
if your just going to ride around on the sand i would get the cheaper of the 2 . if your going to do drag racing ya should consider a different tire

oleboy87
10-16-2007, 12:29 AM
well im going to do a lil dragging but nothing too serious i mean i dont have all kinds of work in the motor jsut pipe and filter... and im kinda confused on what size to get... this is what happend when i bought new tires for the back i ended up getting the wrong size i got the 20x11x10 holeshot which is way bigger than the stock so i had to change the sprokets to accomidate for the bigger tires...

i dont want to get the same size tires that are on my bike now cause it will not turn them worth a s**t in the sand....i would like to get one size smaller... i want the size of the stock rims and tires that come one the 400.... please let me know what size i would need to get to match up to the stockers...

cataway
10-16-2007, 04:16 AM
skat's extreams 20X10X8 6 paddle

gojk
10-16-2007, 09:43 AM
The sand sharks are an OK tire, but the Sand Stars are a much better tire and will last longer. I have used both tires, and I think I would hands down go with the ITPs.

But then again, if you are only gunna hit the dunes once or twice, you might want to consider the cheaper tire or possibly even find some used tires.