PDA

View Full Version : got a problem

300EXrider356
10-14-2007, 05:34 PM
So I get these AC pro peg nerfs and all that for m new LTR, like the way they look, anyways i was out cruising and sorta just drove over a double at my house. (it makes you close to bottoming out if you just drop off of it) so i hear this noise, go over it again and look down to see that the nerf and heel guard hit the ground when it gets close to the ground, I don't think its bad because i cant feel it in my feet, but it definatly scraped the ground. Im just a little paranoid guess. Anybody else have this happen to them?

Toadz400
10-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Did you mount them correctly? When I had my 400ex the previous owner had installed the Pro Pegs incorrectly so they were lower than the frame. I never bothered to change it because I liked the position they were in but they did scrape the ground if I bottomed out.

300EXrider356
10-14-2007, 06:38 PM
I dont really know how i would have mounted them incorrectly, There are only two sides, could you explain it a little more. They do feel lower than the stock ones, kinda like you mentioned.

250rmike
10-14-2007, 06:44 PM
the mount goes on where you pegs normally would then the nerf bar slips over. on some nerfs if you put the mount on upside down then it can cause the peg to be lower or higher depending on how the are set up

416exfreak
10-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Chances are that you bolted he mounts on upside down. Ive heard that AC nerfs have a bad fit anyways....

I dont know, I personally use Pro-Armor Race peg nerfs, and they fit great...

Toadz400
10-14-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm sure you mounted them upside down. I can't go into depth about it because honestly I haven't had my 400ex for over 2 years now. Just go take a look at your pegs and try mounting them "upside down" from what you have it. I'm sure over time bottoming out on them will weaken them but I left it like that because I liked the lowered position. Eventually those pegs did break but it was after I had sold it (buddy of mine bought the 400 from me for cheap).

400exrider707
10-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Do NOT run the peg mounts upside down, if they are below the frame and you hit hard on a landing, you will probably break bones...

416exfreak
10-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Do NOT run the peg mounts upside down, if they are below the frame and you hit hard on a landing, you will probably break bones...

Depends on how hard and what he's wearing.

Still, just humor us all and flip your mounts upside down from how they are, then come back and tell us how it is...

300EXrider356
10-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Damnit allright I realize what i did wrong now, I mounted the peg thing that they slip over upside down. Yeah the Ac's do have kinda a bad fit but now i know.

Toadz400
10-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707

I've made some pretty harsh landings with the pegs flipped upside down and never broke anything. I imagine if you're hitting hard enough to break bones, the way you have your pegs mounted isn't going to make a difference!:p