PDA

View Full Version : New Elka shock

450Rchaser
10-14-2007, 03:54 PM
I got me some ELka shocks, top of the line that they make. DO you have to break these in. I have 400ex. I told them what kind of a-arms I had, my weight, and type of riding. These things are STIFF. I even have flexx bars and its still rough as stock 400 shocks, maybe worse. I ran the race at Lakeview last weekend and they beat me to death. I just wanted to know if there was a break in period. BTW I has the reservoir turned to soft as it will go.

250rmike
10-14-2007, 05:10 PM
play with the adjustments prolly have the compression high. but you must start with ride height then go to compression and rebound. there are plenty of threads to help you out

Ex_Rider43
10-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Nothing special here , you bought Elkas which is normal , you might want to call them but theyll try to tell you that the shocks will get softer and you might want to set your sag right and all that BS.... IMO the shocks they sell to regular people totally blows.

10-14-2007, 06:28 PM
I have heard from numerous people that Elkas are valved really stiff from the factory. See racers get different quality suspension from all the companies. The regulr people do not get the same product.

bradley300
10-15-2007, 03:58 PM
get your ride height correct, then adjust your comp and rebound to about half. they will "break in" a little so after a ride or two start messing with the adjustments. if you cant get them right call elka

450Rchaser
10-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Ok, thanks