PDA

View Full Version : need help!

h400exrydr
10-14-2007, 03:51 PM
ok so i just rebuilt my 450r about a month ago. i put in a new piston, new honda cylinder, new honda crank. now ive been runnin it for a while and there is that little whole on the right side of the motor. it is on the part with the valves. and out of that whole there is oil driping out. i was told it was mayb a head gasket? i dont know. and another thing is when the motor gets warmed up there is a fairly bad ticking noise. valves are new, and all are adjusted right. is there anything that could be out of adjustment? or could the cam chain be bad? thanks

10-14-2007, 08:44 PM
First of all you did all that work and didn't replace the timing chain??????????

I think the hole you are talking about is the drain hole for the spark plug tube. If so the oring that seals it is either bad or missing.

h400exrydr
10-15-2007, 11:44 AM
yea i didnt know that the chain had to be replaced. it makes sense that it could b stretched. i will put a new one in, and where exactly is the little o ring, do i have to take the head off to check/change it? thanks

10-15-2007, 11:58 AM
The seal is under the valve cover. All you have to remove is the valve vover. It should be on the top of the spark plug tube where is meets the valve cover. It seals the spark plug tube. That hole is to let water drain out of the spark plug tube.

h400exrydr
10-15-2007, 02:13 PM
ok sweet. so about the cam chain, do you think that could be the reason it is ticking? it happened before i did the rebuild so i guess it is possible seeing how that is one of the only things that wasnt replaced. thanks

h400exrydr
10-17-2007, 07:58 PM
does anybody think it could b the cam chain that is making the ticking. i really need to know.