PDA

View Full Version : carbuerator

jonridesz400
10-13-2007, 08:25 PM
:mad: im very upset with my quad atm it is not running very well it only runs on prime, when i turn my gas to on it will run for a minute or two then start to bogg out as in i give it gas and it doesnt even rev up like its really cold but in fact it is warmed up... i have no clue dont say its the fuel screw ive turned it both ways to egypt and back... any help on what to do buy a new carb??? what i have no clue and am out of options but when it is on prime she runs like a beaut just doesnt have all the power output...

dan42684
10-14-2007, 07:26 PM
maybe you need a new petcock valve, i replaced mine cuz when i took it apart there was a tear in the rubber gasket inside. or its the cable running from your choke to the carb, when the cable meets the carb it screws into the carb, make sure its screwed in tight so no air is getting into the carb.

sandstar
10-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Check your vacuum line on the petcock going to the carburetor, sounds like you have an air leak somewhere.

jonridesz400
10-15-2007, 02:54 PM
thanks guys ill check it out.

jonridesz400
10-15-2007, 03:56 PM
i dont know how u guys know all this stuff its like u can mind read my quad over the comp. every time i ask they point me exactly to the source i love this website thanks guys it was on teh right side the small tube was off of it. does that mean i need to clean out my carb or what? im guessing it was letting dust and dirt inside of it so i would clean it tonight but my friend came over and left tools out so my dad locked up the tool crib... stupid i know.