PDA

View Full Version : front brake line from reservoir

03warriorrider
10-13-2007, 07:38 PM
i want to put on some bar risers but i need a longer front brake line from the reservoir. where can i find one or when you buy a front brake line set does it come with it?

d3ktrix
10-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Your running the stock brake lines right now?

You'll probably have to buy a full new set of after market SS brake lines.

I don't think u can just replace the part from the reservoir to the T junction.
I could be wrong though.

How high hard the risers ur getting? Might not even need anything longer.

03warriorrider
10-14-2007, 06:21 PM
i had one laying around with all the different little blocks but it doesn't get any bigger than 2". when i put even the smallest size on it and turned the bars all the way the brake line was really tight so i didn't want to run it like that. i read on here that some people bent below the T junction and it worked out but i don't want to do that just seems like a crappy way of doing it, i'd rather spend the money and do it right. i just wasnt sure if you could buy just that one piece or even if the front brake line kits came with that hose or not.

d3ktrix
10-14-2007, 06:24 PM
The aftermarket front brake lines have no T Junction. They are just 2 straight lines from the calibers to the reservoir.

Flyin-Low
10-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
The aftermarket front brake lines have no T Junction. They are just 2 straight lines from the calibers to the reservoir.

Uhm.. not necessarily? The Streamline +1 kit I bought has the stock style t-junction.

I put +2 risers on my old set-up with the stock brake lines and all you have to do is cut the stock rubber grommet that attaches to the steering stem bracket and move the hose up higher.

Worked great for me.

-Martin

mike nash
10-14-2007, 07:31 PM
If all you want is longer from the T up to the resevoir call these guys www.cyclebrakes.com they'll make anything you want at a reasonable price.I had them make one for me plus 3" from the T.

10-14-2007, 08:39 PM
If you can get a set of some used steel braided its worth it. I paid $30 for +3 steel braided lines. That is $30 shipped right to my door, and I love them. You can stop quicker with less force, and they look nicer

d3ktrix
10-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
If you can get a set of some used steel braided its worth it. I paid $30 for +3 steel braided lines. That is $30 shipped right to my door, and I love them. You can stop quicker with less force, and they look nicer

Ditto, and will be long enough for any future upgrades.

03warriorrider
10-15-2007, 07:12 PM
thanks for the replies guys, i think i might just get a whole new set cause I'm planning on getting fasst flexx bars eventually and probably a new stem so a whole new set will probably be best. plus it will always look cooler:D