PDA

View Full Version : Eton 50 Problem,

dopeyferree
10-13-2007, 05:02 PM
I got an Eton 50 , i bought as a fixer upper. It didnt run when I got it, the guy I got it from said his mechanic told him it needed a carb.

Here is my problem, I put a new top end on it, and got it to start. It will idle all day but as soon as you touch the throttle it dies. I took the carb off my kasea 50 that runs great and put it on the eton and it does the same thing. I put the carb from the eton onto the kasea and it runs great so I am pretty sure its not the carb. Does anyone have any idea what this may be, This eton is an 2005 if it matters. This thing is driving me crazy. Its about to get shot :mad: :cuss:

Nichols Atvs
10-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Check your fuel line filter and tank make sure its not clogged sounds like its not getting enough fuel .

dopeyferree
10-14-2007, 02:19 AM
It is getting plenty of fuel, If i unhook the fuel line fuel flow very freely

Nichols Atvs
10-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Time to check electrical,first find the cdi box make sure the clip is out of the cdi, then check all wire conections . You still may need to jet the carb just because it works on the other quad doesnt mean the jetting is correct . what kind of carb is it and do you have jets. are you running an air filter.

oldyeller
10-19-2007, 06:39 PM
It does sound lean to me as well....Check your spark arrestor in the tail pipe as they seem to clog up very easily on these models(2005-2006).

dopeyferree
10-20-2007, 05:21 AM
any idea what jet I should be running, I am running stock exhaust, stock carb, and stock airbox. i am located at less than 1000 ft above sea level.

Nichols Atvs
10-20-2007, 06:13 AM
Pull your plug, your looking for a tan to brown color on the porclin if its black it to rich, go down on jet size , If it white, to lean go up on jet size . The air screw on the carb should be set at about 3/4 turn out (not the idel scew that you adjust it bring idel up) after it starts to run decent you can take the slide out of the carb and adjust the needle jet which could be the culprit to begin with. make sure that the clip is in the middle to start move clip up to lean down to richen then start all over again until its running good . take bottom cover off the carb there is a hex nut or a screw at the bottom take it out onit will be a number this is the jet size go from that number to start either up or down.