PDA

View Full Version : Cam work

richwynn1
10-13-2007, 06:57 AM
i have a LTR-450 2006
white bros slip on uni air filter yoshi cherry bomb

i want to get a intake and exhaust cam and also a high compression piston then take it to get dyno.. but what are your opinions on this work and do u think i will get significant horsepower gains and top end speed...my goal is to be able to smoke a cr450 dirtbike that a buddy at work has

blholtz
10-13-2007, 07:13 AM
for top speed you might need to also do port work. have the same type of work to mine. had a head ported but roached the cams using Velocity air filters (don't waste you r money on them imo)

anyway put the stock head back on with yoshi's ltr-450 race cams and CP 13.5:1 piston and it pulls real hard out of a corner great for MX riding.

You did not post whether or not you had a fuel injection controlller for your ltr and with these mods you might need one, and if that is the case I would suggest the Dynojet Powercommander. Then if you take it to a Dynojet dyno they can plug onto your controller and make all the adjustment to the fuel curve with the dyno computer.

richwynn1
10-13-2007, 09:05 AM
so with the dynojet efi controller a high compression piston and the intake and exhaust cam do u think i can smoke a stock cr450 ...2007

ltr450racer690
10-13-2007, 09:24 AM
blholtz do u have a map for the mods that u stated so i have something to start me close b/c i will have the same mods in a week

thanks
kyle

blholtz
10-13-2007, 07:36 PM
start with the map on the power commander website download thema ll to you computer so you can have them all at your disposal. The map I use for mine ends in 007 and it seems to be running real well. I have not had a chance to get it to a dyno yet.

I now need to pull the motor down and freshen up the piston, but after that is done it will go to the dyno, trying to find a dyno site that I trust was hard, but I think I found one.

any way with that map you will be real close and that sucker will come to life. the hit on mine out of the corner really impressed me.

As to beating a cr 450 I would not beat on it if I were you. you are talking about racing two macihine with the same cc's and your ltr weighs in a bout twice as heavy as the cr, given that power to weight ratio's are so far off, you better be darn quick off the line and shift and run flawlessy.

none the less the mods that you are talking will make it alot more fun for MX.

blholtz
10-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by richwynn1
so with the dynojet efi controller a high compression piston and the intake and exhaust cam do u think i can smoke a stock cr450 ...2007

What mods are you going to do? Like what have you done for a pipe and the airbox cover? The compression of the new piston will help a little in stock trim, but you will get no where near the full potential of every thing with out air flow.