PDA

View Full Version : 400 ex winter storage?

jason43050
10-13-2007, 05:00 AM
should i empty the gas from the tank or leave it full? anything in particular i should do to it other than remove the battery for the winter? thanks in advance.

Rip_Tear
10-13-2007, 03:21 PM
The only thing I've done to mine is put fuel stabilizer in the tank, and it's been fine every spring... Usually change the oil before I ride it in the spring though, clean the air filter etc since it's been sitting.

Evader53
10-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Why store the quad in the winter, ride it! If you haven't ridden in the snow, its the best time esp. for drifting and night riding around the neighborhood!

Big - D Racing
10-18-2007, 08:53 PM
I always drain the fuel and put it in my truck, no need to add stabilizer. The fuel isn't that valuable. If you are storing it for a good period of time like a month or longer remove the negative cable from the battery so it doesn't drain, and drop a table spoon of oil down the spark plug hole in the head to keep the cylinder and piston lubricated to handle the long haul. Then when you go to start up, there shouldn't be any issues with the cylinder being dry, causing engine damage to the cylinder wall and piston.

mittman
11-07-2007, 08:28 AM
i never store mine for winter i ride all year long. winter time is the best time to ride so what if its cold. how often do u get to do 360's down a icy road. for the past 3 years i would ride it down the road to my freinds house but since i have a truck now this winter might be better