PDA

View Full Version : Shamokin, PA

2old2race
10-12-2007, 09:13 AM
We are heading to ride for the first time in Shamokin, PA.
It appears there is an area to ride in Pottsville for an annual fee of $100. But it runs on a fiscal basis, so we are not paying $100 for 2 months riding. !!!! I cannot understand why places choose to work this way. But, oh well......

Anyway, I have been told there is plenty of free riding in Shamokin.

I will be coming 901 to 61 into Shamokin.

What are some good areas? I have been told this area is close to the old Tower City!

Thanks.

jrafter
10-12-2007, 05:33 PM
theres trevorton.......take a right at the end of 890 and a left at 225 for about 2 miles and you can park and ride or camp for free

kostura118
10-16-2007, 02:41 PM
minersville area has tons of places to ride, i hear you need a permit to ride, but the 19 years i lived there i never got one, just outrun em.. its next to pottsville on rt 901

2old2race
10-21-2007, 01:59 PM
I went to Treverton.
Amazing coal hills!
I felt my bike was highly underpowered compared to what guys were screaming up the hills with!

But, where's all the trail riding? We found only one real trail that ended up at a field that appeared to be private property.

damian600
10-27-2007, 09:05 PM
I think i was on that trail, was it a small field with houses behind it? Did you ride the trail where there is a pipe going acrossed it about every 5000 ft or so?

Originally posted by 2old2race
I went to Treverton.
Amazing coal hills!
I felt my bike was highly underpowered compared to what guys were screaming up the hills with!

But, where's all the trail riding? We found only one real trail that ended up at a field that appeared to be private property.

2old2race
10-28-2007, 08:14 AM
I missed the rail with the pipe. ????????
We took the one trail that is up top of the hills(around the back). Its about 20 feet wide and runs uphill until you hit this open field.

We'll have to ask around next time we are there.