PDA

View Full Version : Throttle cable

DustDevil65
10-12-2007, 08:33 AM
I am currently running a Magura twist throttle on my R, with a stock 34mm carb. If I change to a 38 a/s, will this this cable work or will I need a different one? If so, any help with a brand/ part number? Thanks.

oldschoolr
10-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Hey Dust call Terry cable they can make what ever you need.. any throttle to any carb..clutch cables too. thats what i have on mine and ive never had any troubles.. the ones i got are braided and look trick.

wilkin250r
10-13-2007, 02:40 AM
What cable are you running right now?

The stock cable has the carburetor cap built into it, which will not work on a 38mm carb. The caps are different size.

I ask this because I think my own twist throttle used the stock cable, but I took it off years ago, so I may be mistaken.

If you're NOT using the stock cable, then the carburetor cap is obviously separate. If that is the case, then it most likely WILL work with a 38 a/s. It fits into the carb cap the same way, you'll just want to double-check to make sure it opens the carb all the way.

EXtreme-
10-13-2007, 08:58 AM
motion pro makes a sweet cable for keihen carbs that has a midship adjustment and a sweep on the end for the lid. However, I don't know how it would match up to a twist, or not. The msa makes it real easy to adjust your slide height.

deathman53
10-13-2007, 09:28 AM
get a cable for an 85 atc250r, its different than all the other years. It will screw into the carb top on most carbs.